Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurencp_gw

Cabinet Color with Soapstone

laurencp
10 years ago

I am having our countertops replaced with Soapstone. Currently the cabinet color is an off white, creamy color, a little darker than BM Navajo Beige.

I would like to brighten them up a bit, but not stark white. Does anyone have any suggestions what might work well with Soapstone? The soapstone will have some green veins.

Thanks very much!

Comments (8)

• Jules (5a S.E. VT.)
    10 years ago

Can you post a photo of your kitchen and the soapstone you're using? Even if you just link to a photo of a really close match on the internet, it will help.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It will be similar to this. I my soapstone will run up behind the sink to the window but the farmhouse sink will be white.

I'm looking for something that is not stark white, but not as creamy/yellow as I have now. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Soapstone kitchen

• tbo123
    10 years ago

Those cabs look pretty "stark white" to me. Looks nice.

But, it's Pretty hard to give or get advice about this using pics on the internet though.

Looks like Behr white to me. At least that's the first color I thought of upon looking.

I think your best bet is to make up some 12x12" samples of various paint colors and look at them in your space and light.

Then you have to figure out which paint to use...:)

My best piece of advise would be go to Ben Moore and/or Sher Will and ask them which color and which paint. Stay away from internet advice cause it will just confuse the heck out of you. With BM and SW you'll have 2 choices.

• Susied3
    10 years ago

Lauren, do you have a picture of your current cabinet color? I started with white cabinets and wanted to change to a creamier white. Our remodel has new cabinets mixed with the old so painting was necessary. I have nine samples of different soapstones, took some to the BM store and decided on Linen White. I think any species of the soapstone look great with LW.
    Good luck!

• Jules (5a S.E. VT.)
    10 years ago

You could also consider gray tones, as opposed to creams. Either would work with that soapstone.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I apologize for the darkness, but here is a glimpse. The kitchen is open to our dining and living area which is BM Stone something...I ofrget.

I stopped and grabbed some paint cards this am - quickly though that I liked Linen White, but did not have time to thoroughly look at all I took. I did grab some whites with gray tones.

I also decided the soapston will be the backsplash behind the sink, and a nose trim will finish it off.

• JWM804
    10 years ago

Personally I would go with a lighter gray, maybe a grayish white like the following colors from Ben Moore: misty gray or marilyn's dress. It would pull out the light grays in the soapstone.

Full disclosure, both of my cars are gray. Our siding is gray. Our interior paint color is going to be gray.

• laurencp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well I went with BM Cloud White, thanks everyone for your input. Everything should be underway later this week!