Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myclementine

Microwave broken. Should i get a convection microwave?

myclementine
14 years ago

We have an over the range microwave. All appliances are white so a stainless steel micro over a white oven would look funny, right?

Also, I am thinking about a convection microwave. My grandma had one eons ago and loved it so much. And since its $150 to fix this one I am thinking I should just upgrade to a new one. But would love your thoughts!

Thanks

Comments (3)

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

I bought a GE Profile convection microwave when we remodeled a few months ago. I had used my SIL's and it worked great. So far I've just used it for microwaving, but it's nice to know I'd have another baking are if needed. It's lovely!! Got it at HD.

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

Are these the same ones also called half time ovens?? I've just started looking into one of those. My friend got one at Wal Mart but I don't/won't shop there. I found this one on line. I'm not sure what I'm looking for so have only found this brand.
    The steam ovens sound real good, too, but I don't want to mess with water/steam/drainig/etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: half time oven

• myclementine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After calling around our small town, it seams that the only one available is the GE Profile. Sears can order one in and it will be here in 14 days or so.
    I think I might go that route. Like you say, its nice to know I can have an extra oven.
    I am hoping it will replace the ugly toaster oven on the counter. I hate that thing but it is so handy for my son to heat things up.
    I will decide today to get the old Whirlpool Gold fixed or get a new GE Profile. The GE looks much better than what I have. :)