Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Does a faucet like this exist anywhere? HELP!

breezygirl
13 years ago

I'm having soooo much trouble deciding on faucets for my new mbath. My tub is a Kohler Tea for Two. The room doesn't allow for a huge deck, making a deck mounted faucet difficult. I've been looking at wall mounted fillers to see if that could work, but I can't find one that fits my needs. Here's are my requirements:

1. wall mounted

2. fill rate above 8gpm

3. handshower of some sort to rinse out tub, but NOT one where the tube to the hand-held hangs into the tub

4. NOT Victorian style

The problem seems to be #3. I could compromise, but how do I get a cleaner look with that thing hanging all over the place?

Does a faucet like this exist? Please help me figure this out! TIA.

P. S. I posted this on the Bathroom Forum also as I'm desperate and wasn't sure where the best place would be!

Comments (7)

• brickeyee
    13 years ago

"2. fill rate above 8gpm "

Not allowed anymore. In the name of 'water saving.'

• davidro1
    13 years ago

8 GPM is OK for tub filler flow.
    Any two valves (hot and cold) with 3/4" pipe.
    Or a thermostatic.

A valve or a diverter can send mixed water to a hose (handshower).

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Davidro--thanks for your replies to both of my posts.

Brickeyee--I got a few responses to my posting on the Bathroom Forum also.

I think I understand everything now EXCEPT the fill rate.

A year ago I started looking at roman tub fillers. Some of them have fill rates at 11 gpm or more. Those are the ones I have been looking at. Now I see that I don't have enough space in the room to have a big tub deck upon which to place the roman tub filler and all its parts. So I started looking at wall mounted ones to get the spout and the handles up on the wall.

Are you saying that tub fillers on a wall can't fill at the same rate as a roman tub filler? My tub is about 100 gallons so I need a filler with high gpms.

• User
    13 years ago

Wall tub fillers are designed to be used with the smaller, shallower tub/shower combos that have the integral tile flange right against the wall. The spouts aren't usually long enough to work for a soaking/jacuzzi type tub, even if mounted with a very small deck. They don't reach/barely reach into a roman tub. That's why roman tub faucets exist. They have a longer spout and higher fill rate. They are usually deck mounted, but can be rim mounted on the tub itself if you don't have enough room for a deck mount. They must be mounted close enough to the access point that you can turn them on or off before getting into the tub, so that usually doesn't work for one of the far corners or far side of the deck. The usual mounting spot is on the access side, offset deck mounted so as to give enough room to be able to get in and out of the tub.

• davidro1
    13 years ago

more options exist for tub fillers
    kohler "laminar" ceiling mount
    geberit "cascading" from the overflow plate

Also, spouts can be longer too. They do exist.

I have two simple on-off valves (remote) and the geberit "cascading" from the overflow plate. Add a diverter and you can send water to a handshower. Anything minimalist shaped like a stick, a spatula, a small paddle (or whatever) could be deemed modern. The diverter and the on-off valves can be mounted anywhere: a wall, a deck, the top of the tub, inside the tub on the side wall of the tub (e.g. next to the overflow plate). You get to choose what you want, and you find a retailer or a manufacturer who will put it all on one page for you.

Hth

Here is a link that might be useful: kohler laminar ; geberit cascading from overflow

• EmmaKentucky
    13 years ago

I'm stalling a Studio without a deck and using a Strom Plumbing tub filler that has a 10 in spout with 4 inch wall mount couplers or you could use 2 inch wall mount couplers. If you look at the Strom catalog, just ignore all the clawfoot shower enclosure items. They have some get basic items, just always substitute metal levers and handles instead of anything porcelain you see. Also you may want to look at some of the more modern items Hudson Reed carries.

Good luck!

• breezygirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LWO--I don't have enough deck space as it is for a roman tub filler. I know they are designed to fill faster, but I needed to thoroughly check out wall mounted fillers to see if that type of install could meet my needs.

Davidro--I called three faucet manufacturers. One, Kohler, walked me through the part numbers for each item I would need to build a system to fill at my needs.

Emma--I'll check out Strom. Thanks for the recommendation.