Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
love_my_lilhome

Look What I Bought now What

love-my-lilhome
13 years ago

I saw this on our local classifieds today. I use to have

blues & white but not now. It was tooooo good to pass up.

$125 for all three pieces!!!

I went to look at it and it was just like brand new!

Custom made. She had down sized and it had been in a formal DR. Not a spot,tear hair or smoke.

I'm pinching myself.

Now I will have to redo my whole house to fit these jewels.

Lol. Anyone else ever bought something that matched NOTHING??????

Comments (15)

• yayagal
    13 years ago

I have many times and it always has fit in to an area in time, sometimes a few years. It's lovely. Good buy.

• loribee
    13 years ago

Gorgeous...so where will they go? What a fun project you have ahead of you!

• polly929
    13 years ago

I'm jealous, I love toile. I have a perfect area that I've been looking to fill for 2 years.
    Great find!!

• rafor
    13 years ago

Wow! What a great buy; I'm jealous too :)

• miniscule
    13 years ago

Love them. They are so pretty and at such a great price!

• love-my-lilhome
    Original Author
    13 years ago

yayagal I agree, it was a great buy.
    loribee, I don't have a clue where they are going.
    For now I have them covered with sheets sitting in the corner of a spare bedroom.
    Polly , you need these but I will hang on to them and abra
    cadab ra...I believe I will have a brain storm and they will find their perfect area.
    My husband always said if you don't need it, then its not a bargain , well I needed them to get my heart back in rhythm lol.
    rafor and northsong, thanks for affirming I made a good buy.

• greatgollymolly
    13 years ago

Wow, what a deal. Love toile anything.

• nanjean68
    13 years ago

A good buy for what? To say you got a good buy? A good buy is something you can actually use. Toille is really tricky to work with. To me it's either use it all or nothing. Have fun. Maybe you can turn around and sell it for more on CL.

• juddgirl2
    13 years ago

They're very pretty. Is the couch slipcovered?

I see those in a breakfast room or game room/library around a small round antique wood table.

• love-my-lilhome
    Original Author
    13 years ago

nanabella, bless your little pea picking heart. You must have just bit down on a sour pickle before your comment.
    I have no reason to sell it ever.
    A good buy is paying a price for an item that is valued for way more than asking.
    Its not often I get to indulge myself. I did on my toile pieces.
    Patting my self on the back. Lol

• graywings123
    13 years ago

LOL, love-my-lilhome!

• deborahnj
    13 years ago

Beautiful score!

• igloochic
    13 years ago

Some of the things I love the most have been love at first sight then I think, but what in the heck am I going to do with it? If I love it, I always find a way :) which I say as I'm sitting here in a moss green Victorian high arm chair that I had no idea what to do with a few weeks ago lol. I couldn't pass up the bargain much like you...and I bet you find a lovely use fir the pieces. They're actually great little side pieces for almost every room.

Lol I wouldn't have passed them up either!

• nancybee_2010
    13 years ago

Lovemylilhome, are you from the south? Your response to mamabella sounds just like something my friend from South Carolina would have said-

Love your new pieces too.

• love-my-lilhome
    Original Author
    13 years ago

juddgirl2, the sofa isn't slip covered but upholstered.
    Glad its not slipcovered, I have a Shih Tzu that loves to bring me "surprises". Can just see him dragging a toile slipcover into the kitchen lol.
    igloochic, I am appreciating you relaxing in your great find and re lateeeeeeee ing!
    nancybee I am from Kentucky and we consider ourselves from the south but with more of a twang.