Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

Shop Hop surprise

msmeow
12 years ago

We had a shop hop in our area this weekend (W-Sat). I sneaked out of work early Friday and hit the three east-side shops; yesterday I hit the three west-side shops. I only bought one bag pattern and 2 FQs (both at the first shop). I turned in my passport at the last shop and headed home for lunch yesterday.

Boy, was I surprised to get a phone call around 4 pm yesterday telling me - I WON A SEWING MACHINE! LOL I can' believe it. I'll probably go pick it up on Tuesday since the shop is closed Sun & Mon.

Hubby's just rolling his eyes, wondering what I'm going to do with a fourth machine! :)

Donna

Comments (24)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Congratulations! That's wonderful news.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Congratulations Donna! What a wonderful surprise. Tell us about the machine. Do you know the make and model?
    Linda OH

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

So Cool! Couldn't happen to a nicer Quilter!

Yeah for Donna!

Gwen

• bev2009
    12 years ago

You go girl! What a great surprise.

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I know it's a Juki but not the model. I'll let y'all know when I get it! :)

Donna

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Lucky girl! Enjoy!
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

OMG!!! You tell your Hubby - you are going to love that machine like all the others!
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see a picture of it. It will be a long wait until Tuesday!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Amazing! Wonderful!!! Congrats!

Kate

• karpet
    12 years ago

Donna! That is so great! What fun! What kind of machine?
    Karlene

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Congratulations!!My GD just bought a Juki on my rec.. She says she loves it.
    Enjoy the blessing.

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Awesome!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Woot! Just tell DH that a quilter can't really ever have too many machines! You need one for piecing, one for quilting, one to have when another one has to go into the shop, one for taking to classes and retreats, one to lend to a friend, etc., etc.

Teresa

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

and one just to sit in the closet...just because you can't use them all at the same time lol!!!!

congrats!!!

for some reason I don't win things, my dad plays the lotto and is always winning, after spending $20 I quit because for one thing I am not really a gamble, but I just don't win!!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Donna, ConGratz on the new machine!!! woot woot

SharonG/FL

• bee0hio
    12 years ago

What a GREAT surprise! That really paid off to duck outa work early, eh?!!
    Congrats!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Did you get it yet?!? We're dying to know what it is!!!

(It was fun to see you last night at the guild meeting!)

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I agree with Kate ~~~we are trying to be patient~~~what kind of sewing machine did you get????

How did your Show & tells go last night ladies????Pictures?

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Gwen took a picture and will be posting it. Please focus on the quilt and not the elderly, round woman who was pointing to it. I'm not sure who she is but she lives in my mirror too!!! She must have pushed me out of the way at the last minute and grabbed the microphone!

I felt terrible after I sat down last night because I forgot to mention that one of the other guild members is the longarmer who quilted it for me! Shame on me.

Kate

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Good for you! I love it when someone wins! We had a shop hop last week and I was not a winner. My quilting buddy won a door prize. Woo Hoo! Congrats!
    Darlene

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You guys are too funny! I picked it up this morning. It's an adorable little Juki. I already have a small machine I use for classes, so I'll probably decide which of the small machines I like best and donate the other one.

When you click on the URL, click the tab that says Juki HZL-27. For some reason I can't get the right link.

(Hate to say it, but hubby's right, I really don't need FOUR sewing machines! LOL)

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Juki machine

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Cute machine. Let us know how it works. It certainly looks like it would fit easily in a carry-on for someone say, flying somewhere, sometime, maybe to a retreat or something...

;)
    Faye

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Very cute machine - it is going to be hard to decide which one to keep. You lucky girl!

What is the other small machine you use for classes? I hate packing up my big Pfaff to take to workshops.

• lola99
    12 years ago

Congratulations! Winning is so much fun. Your Juki sure is cute.

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marsha, the machine I got last year for classes is a small Brother (can't remember the model #). My "fancy" machine is a Brother sewing/embroidery one, so when I found this smaller machine on Overstock I bought it! LOL It seems like it was less than $150, and it's very similar to Big Brother so I was comfortable with it right off. It came with 5 or 6 feet and it does something like 70 different stitches.

I'll be honest with you guys - I set up this Juki machine last night and played a little bit. I found it online for $200 - $250. If I'd paid $200 for it, I would take it back! It's noisy, the knobs are hard to turn, and it just doesn't seem like very good quality for that asking price. It only came with a regular foot and a buttonhole foot, and it only does 22 stitches. It sews fine, and the light is good, and it has a needle threader, which are all good things, but I think you can get a much better quality machine for less money from a different brand.

Anyway, my DH has a coworker who has an ancient machine and I think we'll probably give the Juki to her.

Donna

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz