Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karpet_gw

Buttons???

karpet
13 years ago

I think it was about a year ago someone on this forum acquired quite a stash of buttons. There is something in me that thinks it would be so fun to have a big bunch of buttons to go through - not sure why because I would never use all of them - I guess it's kind of like a kid with legos!

Well, I found this ad on our craigslist and just thought I'd share the picture with you - how is this for some buttons???

Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: buttons

Comments (11)

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

This is interesting as it is only a few miles from me. I was surprised at the quanity she has. It would be so much fun to play with them but I wouldn't have the space to consider inquireing.. Jayne

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

That's a lot of buttons. How does one come by two huge metal crates of buttons?

• grammyp
    13 years ago

I'm the one with the bunch of buttons. My mother got me almost 3 gallons of them at an auction. The grands had fun going through them and separating/playing with them.

That is a huge collection of buttons, it would take a long time to get that many.

beverly

• karpet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jayne - you're in the Rochester area?

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

But, not if you buy that crate! I used to give the twins a plastic needle and ask if they would string all the ?? anything buttons while I sewed. They loved it ....so did I.......win-win.

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Yes, I live south of there in Canandaigua. Jayne

• karpet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh! I'm in Geneseo!

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Neighbors! Don't you miss having Chuck Bailey's store in Geneseo? I do, new location is a bit far for me.

• karpet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My DH bought my machine from them after they moved over to Leicester so I've only gone to the new location for service. I just found out that there is a book fair at the the Coverlet Museum in Palmyra on 4/30 and 5/1. DH was told that there would be lots of quilt books there. I had never heard of it before but am curious.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alling Coverlet Museum

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

I went to the Museum several years ago but have not heard of the book fair. They did have an interesting display of woven coverlets and a sm. display of crazy quilts by a local person. If you pass thru Canandaigua feel free to visit and become acquainted. Jayne

• karpet
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jayne! Are there any good fabric places over there? The only one east of me that I know of is in Victor.

Beverly - Just curious what you've done with your 3 gallons of buttons?!? I'm sure your grands have had a lot of fun with them!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!