Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

A pair of beautys for my babies in Germany

toolgranny
9 years ago

(that should read beauties)

Finished my pair for the twins due in August. Will try and make a couple of other gifts for their two sisters before I send it.

I loved this fabric collection the first moment I saw it. It also has a collection in yellows as well as the peach and the lime. It's a Moda collection called Mirabelle by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts, a local lady. I just did a simple Irish Chain pattern.

I will post backings on next message.

This post was edited by toolgranny on Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 13:31

Comments (23)

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And these are the backs.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

They are lovely and your quilting is stunning. long arm? You must be so excited. I hope you get to see them soon.

• loisflan
    9 years ago

Your quilts are so precious! You did a wonderful job piecing and quilting. I especially like your radius corners, or whatever they're called. It must be so hard to have them so far away. Hope you can all get together soon.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Very sweet, Linda. The simplicity of the Irish Chain really brings out the border fabric and it is very eye appealing! You're right.....they are beauties! Wonderful job.

SharonG/FL

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

These are both spectacular! Your quilting is amazing and I too love the rounded corners, whatever they're called.
    LindaB/CA

• nanajayne
    9 years ago

The quilts are beautiful and your quilting is perfect. Nice choice of pattern for the fabric and quilting. They will be treasured for many years to come. Hope you wont have to wait too long to cuddle them. TFS\

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Oh Linda...these are just stunning...your quilting is quite awesome! These are family treasures.
    V.

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

oh my! those are fabulous!!! Such beautiful heirlooms!

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Gorgeous X 2, Linda! They will love these!
    Congratulations on your great work!

Teresa

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Nice ones. Love the soft colors in the fabric. Hope you get to deliver the quilts yourself.

beverly

• rosajoe_gw
    9 years ago

The fabrics are gorgeous, so soft and girlie! Irish Chain is one of my favs, I love your quilting. I really need to practice more.

• Robbi D.
    9 years ago

Beautiful and I love your choice for the quilting.

Robbi

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

They're very beautiful quilts and love the stitching design!

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• redmary
    9 years ago

So pretty! Your work is beautiful and will become a wonderful heirloom. Thank you sharing...

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And we have two new babies in Germany as of early this morning! Two little boys to be welcomed by their two sisters. What a joy. This woman carried TWINS to full term, one 6-1/2# and other 6-3/4#, both 19-1/2" long. Can you imagine! I don't think I could have done it without whining a lot.

We are anxiously awaiting our pictures. Everyone wanted at least one boy and since they didn't want to know the sex, it was a wonderful surprise. I'm not the official Grandma but can congratulate the ones over there.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

Oh, Linda. She must have felt miserable! The things we do for the good of our children! Bet she's happy to have them in the nursery now. :-) Congratz to the family.

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    9 years ago

There are beautiful, and the quilting is wonderful. Congratulations on their birth!

• fran1523
    9 years ago

Those are fabulous. I love those fabrics too.

• amazingcm
    9 years ago

Very pretty.. Twin boys WOW!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

YAY!!!! Great quilts, and I'm sure, even greater babies!

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Beautiful fabric and even more beautiful quilting! They are lovely and very special gifts.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Your quilts are really beautiful - I missed them the first time because I was IN GERMANY!!!

How exciting to have 2 little boys now.

Did you quilt them on your long arm?

Sue

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Congrats! How wonderful that everyone is well. Hope you get to visit.
    LindaB/CA