Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merrygardener_gw

Exterior Paint Help.... and Quickly Please!

merrygardener
13 years ago

Sorry about the funky picture sizing... it's my *very first* time to post pictures. Please ignore the "just cleaned out the garage" look! I included the back view so you get an idea of the heavy horizontal layout we're dealing with.

So the painter crew will be coming on Tuesday.... three days to finalize the color! I was leaning toward a gray and have tried 6 different SW colors (ranging from medium to dark gray). The best so far has been Westchester Gray, but I'm not yet committed to this and my husband keeps saying "I'd like green." In my way of thinking, here in the PNW there is green everywhere- in front, to all sides and behind our home and I find it difficult to appreciate the garden when viewed with a green backdrop (the house). I need to sincerely apologize to those with green homes! This is my own quirky preference (and to me, the homes he has pointed out range from a yellow olive green to what in my mind is a candy-like medium green: ugh!).

So, in the interest of getting this paint selected with some sort of compromise I am opening this up to you masters! Some considerations for me: it must "go" well with the green all around it (obviously), the visually heavy black roof and something that goes with "whiteish" trim. I am interested in what SW Weathered Shingle might look like (on the card it looks like a green/brown), perhaps some deep blue-gray or some other neutral that fits the considerations listed above. Please, jump into the conversation and share your suggestions! Our painter is using SW, in case that is helpful.

Comments (4)