Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurience

Can you share your xmas tree pics?

laurience
15 years ago

I am looking to add some vavoom to my tree this year and find that I get inspiration from your decorative styles.

Also, any tips on how to plant earns and stuff to make a beautiful outdoor xmas plant?

Thank you

Joanne

Comments (73)

• nhb22
    15 years ago

I am amazed at the beauty of all these trees. I wish I could find a tree as full as some, like kswl's tree. I don't know how you gets so many ornaments to hang.

This years tree for us is not very big, because we have limited space, but it is also sparse in places. The limbs stick out in some places, but they are shorter in others, leaving huge holes. However, I do love the new location of the tree this year. As some of you may recall, we have placed it in the foyer for the last two years (nothing as outstanding like judiegal's tree, though) and the area lacked warmth. We ended up taking all the gifts to the family room on Christmas morning. It's not the same unwrapping gifts without a tree. This year, we have the tree in the living room. Rearranged the furniture a bit and took out the coffee table. Now, we can sit in the living room and open the gifts beside the tree. :)

Here it is in it's new location!

Since I have taken this photo, I have added my lighted houses, church, Texaco gas station and carollers to the bookcase. Also added a deep plum poinsettia next to the signing carolers on the floor. The old tree location use to be where the strip of Brazilian cherry is between the dining area and foyer.

Now all I need is a rug and more gifts under the tree. :)
    {{!gwi}}

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

Last year's tree on Christmas morning..this room is now totally torn up and under construction.

My kitty loves to be under the tree, and sometimes in the tree!

• jenangelcat
    15 years ago

• nhb22
    15 years ago

Pretty trees!

chrissay - Several years ago, we left town for Christmas weekend. Left the cat home alone. When we returned home, Ollie decided to show us a thing or two for leaving him behind. When we opened the door and called his name, he ran straight into the living room, up into the tree, and helped us get on with taking decorations down...the tree fell over and several ornaments were broken. LOL

• mcgivnec
    15 years ago

OMG Newhomebuilder, I bet that was a mess! I cannot imagine my Christmas tree going down.

Our story is right out of Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. When we returned home from shopping, our 4 year old DD kept saying, "Mommy I hear something in that tree". I'm like "oh, you do" not really paying attention. Sure enough, 10 minutes later that cat launched out of the tree scaring us all half to death. Fortunately not one ornament broke!

• kellyeng
    15 years ago

I love looking at Christmas trees - Just beautiful!

Here's mine, plus some decor pics:
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• nthemdl
    15 years ago

Gorgeous trees! Here is mine, hard to get a picture with detail, so I lightened it up quite a bit. You can still get the general idea...

• nthemdl
    15 years ago

and here is last years tree, all gold and bronze

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

Hi Laurience ........This is from my album last year & I just started a photobucket one. We changed to multi-colored lights this year as we ordered Frontgate classic wide garland for the staircase & banister & the only kind they had left was the multi-colored . So everything is changing. I took this pic but my DH does better so will get him to take pics for an album later on photo bucket. Oh, and we got a new unlighted tree so this is a different tree also. DH was having trouble with the heavy pre-lit tree breaking down into only 2 pieces.......very heavy to take to the attic. I included the pics from last year at webshots if you wanna peek. Feel free to copy anything you want. Have fun decorating! Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 Christmas

• Lisa Hayes
    15 years ago

We put up five trees. Three are over six feet and the other two are four feet. This one is in the LR and it's covered with vintage ornaments.

This is our fresh cut "Santa" tree. This tree is a mish mash of family memories.

• Jeannine
    15 years ago

Last year's tree, my first live tree! I hate to say it, but work has been slamming me and we're going on the road for a week around Christmas, so we aren't getting a tree this year. :(

{{!gwi}}

• nhb22
    15 years ago

kellyeng - I love your home and simple style. Very pretty!

• User
    15 years ago

kelly, your mantel is PERFECTION! Love it---and everything else, too!

• kellyeng
    15 years ago

Thank you, you guys are too sweet!

Nthemdl - Your peacock/turquoise/gold tree is gorgeous! Do you have a different tree every year? What do you do with the decorations from the previous year?

• cliff_and_joann
    15 years ago

You know, you guys really inspired me. Such beauty! Just when I was going to give in to laziness and not do much!
    hmmm...so I cracked out a few Christmas boxes this morning and did some decorating.
    I need to do a little something more with the DR chandelier,
    more chandelier pic's would be welcomed.
    I decided to just hang the grand kids stockings on the mantle ... maybe just put a few tea lights in sparkling holders on the mantle is all I need?
    The dining room, so far...

The angel candle holder arrangements I made from stuff in my Christmas box. The red plastic plates they're sitting on is temporary, I'll either buy two gold charges or use two white plates,

The mantle, before the tea lights.

my manger...I actually took this photo to email to my fabric guys, to warm them I'll be in next week for some trim for pillows I made for Christmas presents, and to show them 'their fabric' on the chairs and footstools.

Tomorrow we'll do the tree and stair rail.

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

This is my LR snow tree.....I can see by the picture I need to adjust some my snow - LOL! Bonnie

• valzone5
    15 years ago

I LOVE your trees!!! These pictures are really putting me in the Christmas spirit!! Everyone's rooms are so warm and homey!

Kellyeng - can we see some more pictures of your house, and learn more about your kitchen cabs - you have a beautiful home!

• laurience
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bonnie,

thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pics.

I will look at everybody's tree pics everyday, they are soooo beautiful. Simply amazing..

Joanne

• fauxchick56
    15 years ago

I know this is late for inspiration, but here it is anyway!

• pugga
    15 years ago

Beautiful trees, everyone! Mind is definitely not traditional but it makes me smile. It's a very inexpensive tree I got at Walgreen's a few years ago. The branches are actually Christmas tree lights. I bought several pink feather boas at a costume shop that I use as garland. The ornaments are mainly poodles, some in tutus, some just sparkly. Other ornaments are just pink and crystal, with just a touch of black here and there.

Hope you enjoy. (P.S. I don't even have any poodles as pets. Notice dachshund butt at the right of photo.)

• nthemdl
    15 years ago

Kellyeng,

Yes, I do a different tree each year. I reuse most of the decorations in future year trees, you can see some of the bronze balls and flowers on this years tree left from last years tree.

My tree next year will have a "Who-Ville" theme, so the teal decorations will blend well with the bright colors of the decorations I have gathered for that tree. For 2010, I have about half of the decorations for a black and silver mercury glass tree.

I pick up decorations at the end of the year when everything is at least 75% off and then start mixing and matching. Never really know what it is going to be til I am done!

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

I think probably my tree would be considered pretty traditional.
    Ornaments gathered over the years. More lights then I can mention. Every year I say I am going to 'change it up' a bit but it always ends up being the traditional tree we all love.

• upa_lazy_river
    15 years ago

Everyone's trees are so pretty.

Here's the only tree we put up this year. We were on a holiday open house last year and decorated every room. Still tired from that endeavor. Our tree is a hodgepodge of ornaments gathered over the years.

{{!gwi}}

Our mantel:

{{!gwi}}

Dining Table:

{{!gwi}}

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

It's been fun to look at all the trees. I've been visiting here from the garden section. Not much to do about gardems at this time of year except dream. I thought I would add some pictures of my three trees. I have one day and one night of each tree.

This is the Santa Tree on the front entry porch. I noticed a thread about "foyers" which were all quite grand. We just call this the 'dog porch'. My decorating preference is changing over the last years from Victorian or country (as you will see in the dining room still) to more Southwestern, earthy, rich colors. This room reflects that.

{{!gwi}}

This is the small tree in the living room with many precious orniments to be seen every night, up close. It has my great grandmothers wooden doll, some teething toys from when I was a baby, memory related ornaments from my boys growing up. In the last years I've added an angel for each person or pet that has passed. There's getting to be quite a lot of them now.

This is the largest tree. It's in the Dining Room where we open our presents on Christmas Morning.

• maddielee
    15 years ago

Mctavish6! That view!!!! Breathtaking!

Beautiful trees everyone.

ML

• robynpa
    15 years ago

Everyone's decorations are just lovely!!

• igloochic
    15 years ago

I normally do a natural tree in all Radko's I've collected over many years. Once again though our holiday decor time was interupted by a hospital trip so we've decided to stick with the small tree I "won" at a charity auction. Next year I'll go nuts, but this year it's all about the kiddo anyhoo..and he loves this silly thing. (It will be in the family room next year, so my pretty tree can have place of pride in the library again):
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

My son thinks the skirt is a blanket..he fell asleep under the tree the first day with half the "ornaments" around him:
    {{!gwi}}

• pirula
    15 years ago

igloo:

He's beautiful. God bless him. There's nothing sweeter than a little one by the tree.

Ivette

• shaun
    15 years ago

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

I didn't decorate all that much this year because only a few are coming. And what goes up must come down.
    Ya'll tree's are lovely.

........Jane

{{!gwi}}

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Shaun...I've seen that picture in person...we had 8 kittens one christmas...I'll never forget it LOL

Jane...I want to see more! What a lovely room!

• totallyblessed
    15 years ago

Shaun, your photo had me laughing out loud. My kids had to come see your kitty in the tree. Too cute.

Lovely trees! :o)

• shaun
    15 years ago

haha! He's a new kitty. He really loves the tree!

• pamghatten
    15 years ago

Shuan, love the cat in the tree.. thank goodness my big guy stays out of my tree!

Mine is simple, I didn't even put any of the tradiational round glass ornaments on this year. All these ornaments have memories attached to them.

Tree:
    {{!gwi}}

Mantel:
    {{!gwi}}

More Santas:
    {{!gwi}}

And More:
    {{gwi:1396058}}

{{gwi:1396057}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• newdawn1895
    15 years ago

Thank you igloochic but I have posted my rooms so much I am a little embarrassed to do it again. Maybe another time, but thank you so very much.

......Jane

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Come on Jane, I'd love to see more also. Pleeeaaasssseeee??

• kitchenkelly
    15 years ago

I have no pics to bring ba rum pum pum pum.

• cliff_and_joann
    15 years ago

The trees and decorations are so beautiful.
    Ours is small...

stair rail

The stockings are for our 7 grandkids. Last year there
    was 6...The teddy bear stocking on the right is for the newest little guy.

• cliff_and_joann
    15 years ago

OMG, I forgot that I put photos in here already...
    Walking back to the kitchen to bake cookies...duh!

Joann

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

i-chic: I want a tree like that! The pic of your son asleep under the tree with all those stuffies brought tears to my eyes.

So, I can finally post my tree. As the chaos of our life continues I wasn't able to do much, but I really like it. It's the first time I've been able to do a "theme" tree - all red and silver. Sadly, the topper (a silver star you can just see) is too heavy for our little rosemary tree.

From Christmas2008

Should I switch the angel and the frog to balance things?

BTW, the tree is sitting on the hearth of our hideous fireplace (that will be completely redone some time in the hopefully near future. There's no mantle so our stockings are hanging from sconce holders on either side (you can see a bit of one on the right).

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Not my tree but very interesting story on how each ornament was found.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/dec/20/1m20shovel00458-once-discarded-now-decorations/?zIndex=25500

Here is a link that might be useful: Beach Theme Xmas Tree Story

• mcps
    15 years ago

We put up a small tree this year. About half of our ornaments are on this one - there are a few handmade from my Mom and Grandma, A LOT of Hallmark angels that were given to me by my Aunt, and always one ornament that was on Mom and Dad's first tree in 1952. (one pic without flash and one with...I haven't finished the mantel yet!)
    Merry Christmas everyone!

• jakabedy
    15 years ago

Here is our tree. The photo makes it look like it has hardly any ornaments on it! But they are there, really, I guess they're just small. (DH's jukebox usually has this prized location, but I like the tree so much better -- maybe I can just "accidentally" not take the tree down after Christmas . . .)

And from the outside . . .

• yayagal
    15 years ago

What a wonderful thread, all we need is music streaming from the site and we'd all be happy. All of the trees are individually beautiful!

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

I am late getting pics but here they are - Merry Christmas! Bonnie

href="http://s442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/BonnieRebecca2008/?action=view¤t=P0003607also.jpg"; target="_blank">

• roorezzi
    15 years ago

what beautiful trees....

I had posted a pic of my tree a few years ago - here is mine from this year.

I really enjoyed this thread and seeing the variety of decorations out there.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Ruth

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

Just beautiful pictures everyone.

It is amazing how we can all take the same object and make it unique and our own.

So pretty.

• casualchic
    15 years ago

Wow, wow, wow, did I say WOW? Your homes look amazing, but also warm and inviting. Thank you for sharing this is a treasure. I am quietly tip toeing away to fiddle with some last minute touches because I suddenly got this huge jolt of inspiration. Ho, Ho, Ho have a Merry One!

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Beautiful trees, all of them.

Kswl, beautiful family tree and I have some of the same ornaments as you and some that were made by the boys through Boy Scouts the wooden ornaments hanging from brass hooks, Sunday School the Chrismon ornaments of white, gold and silver; grade school and art classes many varieties and learning to do bread dough (can you believe I still have them?), needlework art, cross-stitch, etc., that are somewhat worse for the wear, but much sweeter than the Radkos that lately I have indulged in and much more beautiful in a mother's eye than any other she could have.