Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annnettem

Please anyone in South Florida? Need resource for Calacatta marbl

annnettem
11 years ago

Hi, I am ready to go crazy soon. My husband and I had a severe mold issue that destroyed 40% of our home back in April and we have been living without a kitchen since then. (yay for being a master at hot plate cooking!)

We are finally at the point of choosing new counters and back splash tile and I have fallen in love with Calacatta Gold or Oro marble.

We went by a place today and were quoted 4800 usd a slab and that is not with fabrication, is this normal pricing for this? I need 2 slabs JUST for my 2 islands.

I settled and bought black quartz for the perimeter of the kitchen, figuring I would do a calacatta gold back splash subway tile and the 2 slabs on the island and now it is way out of our budget if this is really the price of this stuff. I looked online to see if I could find danby marble anywhere in South Florida and it seems not :(

If anyone knows a better source for getting this marble here in South Florida per slab or if anyone knows of a very similar or alternative marble that has this look please let me know where I might find something, pleaseeee.

I have lived with granite for 12 years and so very very tired of the look of granite and all the creamy colors of quartz look so much like granite or just plain. I was dreaming of having this material in my kitchen, but hubby says no way would he spend 50% of the cost of the cabinets on just the slabs and fabrication of the counters :(

Comments (2)