Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
locoguy

Whats the soonest that DRs are known to flower?

locoguy
11 years ago

{{gwi:354843}}

Comments (11)

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

I had one seedling flowered exactly 4 months and 12 days.
    It is normally take about 8 months for hot weather and 1 year for colder weather.

Your little guy is very cute.....

Marie

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Very neat looking little Adenium. Good for you. Healthy little guy.
    Rick

• karyn1
    11 years ago

It's never been sooner then 2 years for me, even when I don't prune them.

• johnsonm08
    11 years ago

Very cute!
    My first flowered at 11months.
    Give us more info---How old is it? What size pot is that? What was the seed name /source?
    Mike

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

So cute! Hope my seedling flowers soon! but unfortunately i think its a while off....the ants were getting to it inside under the light so hubby put it outside. Then it got sunburnt leaves and the new leaves at the top shrivelled up n turned black :( Also while teaching a violin lesson one of my students siblings pulled off the leaves and now the spots the leaves were has gone all black and gooey looking :( i am scared it will die...i hope not though...your plant is so cute and tiny to have a bloom. I am jealous :P

Sarah

• locoguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooops, I thought I sent this earlier. This is not my plant, just a pic I found. Wish mine would flower at this early stage.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

That is too funny. You had us all going. Either way, a nice plant.
    Wonder if it is one of the Dwarf forms or a 'Plastic' as some Adenium growers use?
    Small leaves and multiple branching.
    Nice.

• locoguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ooops, I thought I sent this earlier. This is not my plant, just a pic I found. Wish mine would flower at this early stage.

• locoguy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My phone posted it twice

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Wow, Marie, that is really young to bloom. I thought they'd take at least a year-and-a-half to reach maturity. Do you just use the same potting mix and fertilizer as with the big ones?

My seedlings from this past spring look nowhere near ready to bloom yet. None are even as big as the one pictured at the top.

Should I be fertilizing the seedlings over winter, too?

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Jandey, in 2010 I was so crazy with seedlings. I bought so many seeds, sow them and got about 160 seedlings. The weather was very hot that summer and they grew so fast. I used about 20 tall ones to braid.
    One seedling gave me first flower after 4 months and 12 days, but many bloom after 6 1/2 months.

The caudexes about 2 inches and were looking so good, but that also a very cold winter and most of them died.

I sow more seeds in summer of 2011 and now they all ready for graft next summer.
    Marie

Marie

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm