Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trojancai_gw

Help on exterior stucco color

trojancai
9 years ago

I am finishing the exterior stucco with smooth acrylic coat. However, after the contractor put the color on the wall, I feel the color might be too yellow. I still have the last chance to make a change to the color before they do the final finish coat. Could you please let me know your suggestions? Do you think the wall color looks okay with the stone in the entry ? Should I go with some color which is more brownish? Or the current color is acceptable to you ?

Comments (10)

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another picture of the front stone entry.

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

50% spanish sand sample on top of the first coat of acrylic finish. Do you think the color of the small sample is better?

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The inspiration picture of the wall color on an existing house with the similar tile color.

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more house with the same stucco color.

• lafdr
    9 years ago

Your stucco does seem to match your inspiration photos. If your stucco person says it is the same color, I would relax and stick to it and trust them. Stucco can look different at different times of day and it changes as it dries. You have the extra contrast of the gray coat that will be gone when all covered. The color is lovely as is. If you change, you will likely still doubt yourself. I prefer shades of brown myself. But that is really just personal taste. I way prefer your choice to white :) lafdr

• chiefneil
    9 years ago

I quite like the stucco color. No it's not a perfect match to the stone, but I think a better color match (e.g. more brown) would be a bit boring. Personally I'd keep the existing color especially if changing would cost money.

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks lafdr and chiefneil ! I took two more pictures with morning sunlight. I don't like a matchy-matchy either. But do you think the stone "goes with" the wall color ? I found there is some yellow hints from the stone but not very sure.

• trojancai
    Original Author
    9 years ago

a closer picture with sunlight.

• abekker
    9 years ago

I personally don't like any yellow, but your color doesn't look too yellow especially in the morning picture. I think it looks good and matches your inspiration color. I would leave it.

• abick2
    9 years ago

Did you ever change the color or left the one you had? I am in the exactly same situation now. The guys started doing stucco, I thought I had more time to decide on my color and now I am doubting my choice, but it's already up on two walls.