Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gramarows

Anybody use Adam"s Gold from BM's historical collection? Post a photo?

9 years ago

Having a lot of trouble finding photo's online of interiors with Adam's gold. Must not be a very popular color, but I'm hoping people who have it may be willing to share. Hoping this doesn't dive bomb down to the bottom into unanswered-posts-nether-land! Thanks!

Comments (11)

• 9 years ago

Nobody?

• 9 years ago

I haven't used it, and it was hard to find images of it online. They look different in this Google search for the color below. In the first row, the last pic on the right is it. The first one in the 2nd row is it. Also in the 2nd row, the 2nd actual photo, with the lamp on the dark table in front of the gold wallpaper, show part of a living room done in it, on the right side.
    Adam's Gold

gramarows thanked My3dogs ME zone 5A
  • 9 years ago

Golds can be tough because of the green undertone tendencies. If you want a gold w/o the green, look at tans.

gramarows thanked User
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks everyone! My3dogs, those were helpful. lkplatow, your third photo is the exact look I wanted, but I bought a qt and am dismayed at how olive-y it looks in shadow - so much so that I don't believe it will go. I am so bummed! Back to the drawing board, and although I wanted the green undertones, I am going to have to look again at tans. I am getting soooooo tired of the process.

• 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

If pic #3 is what you want, I think you'll have some luck with the tans. If you find a tan that is the right color but too deep in hue, you can have them cut it by 25%, 50%, whatever.

Take a look at:

BM Mansfield Tan

BM Splendor

• 9 years ago

I will say that I also used BMs Dunmore Cream (HC-29) in my house -- it is extremely similar to Adams Gold, but without the tendency towards green. It may work for you.

• 9 years ago

How about SW Believeable Buff?

• 9 years ago

Tib, I didn't think about Splendor, and think I have an unopened pint or quart of that hanging around, I can't believe how close that is to adam's gold. And lkplatow, Dunsmore cream DOES seem very close. I will check out both of them, but they may be too close. Thanks! Grapefruit, BB is a real pretty color, but I want to stick with BM. Hmmm. The more rooms I see in that the more interesting it becomes. I wonder if there is a BM equivalent.??

• 9 years ago

Years ago there was a paint color that was all the rage on this board and others -- I suppose it is dated now that gray is all the trend because you never hear about it anymore, but it was called Tobacco Road and was produced by several smaller paint companies that shared the same color deck (California, Duron, Graham were 3 I know of). I'm sure you can still get it mixed by BM or SW because they should have the formula in their system. Anyhow, if you google, you might find that it is exactly what you want. There are lots of images of it -- as I said, it was quite the trendy color for a while.

(And personally, as you can probably tell from my living room, I never got on the gray bandwagon -- so I'll proudly fly my mid-2000s-paint-colors-flag! There is enough gray outside all winter to give me a very strong dislike of any kind of cool/gray paint color in my house, though I think it can look good in other people's homes.)

anyhow, here's a sample of tobacco road, though on my monitor it looks a little browner here than it does in real life.

from here: Blog where I got that photo

• last year

I LOVE adams gold - I also use Summerdale gold as the accent below my white chair rail. This is a very warm, rich color and i have it throughout my condo.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery