Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
philcarson5

Thermador Appliances?

philcarson5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi,

Currently I am working on a moderate kitchen remodel, and I am looking to replace most of my major appliances (Creda 36in cooktop, Dacor downdraft vent, KitchenAid dishwasher, SubZero 36in refrigerator). Currently, I'm looking at a Bosch cooktop and Thermador downdraft, but I can't decide on Thermador or Bosch dishwasher and Thermador or Sub-Zero refrigerator. I feel like Thermador would have a better quality dishwasher but the Bosch has many more features for less $$. We love our current Sub-Zero but the Thermador has a better review on Consumer Reports. Does anyone have a downdraft that has good quality? Our Dacor touchpad has had to have been replaced 2 times already and we hate the single-grate design. Does anyone think that upgrading to the Thermador cooktop is worth it? I've read some pretty bad reviews on Thermador ovens, but does anyone have any of these appliances that could vouch for their reliability/quality? Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments (4)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

our bosch dishwasher is a dream. get a model that has the 'speed perfect' cycle; basically it gives you the option to throw a lot of water at the dishes and get the cycle over quickly. great for christmas day when you run load and load after load.

we did the thermador 36" cooktop and

matching downdraft. i'd be wary of mixing brands for these 2 items without talking to someone who has successfully done it, they nest together pretty close. we put the downdraft fan in the basement, so its quieter.

the thermador cooktop is very good. 5 star burners, 2 of them with ultra-low settings, finally i can make soup or sauce and barely have a bubble. those 2 burners cannot be used when the power is out, the other 3 regular burners can.

i find it pretty easy to clean.

philcarson5 thanked Judy Mishkin
  • philcarson5
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks,

I looked at the specs to the Thermador and the Bosch, and they are actually the exact same dimensions, so I think I will be fine on that aspect. Good to know about the dishwasher, its just that when I looked at a Bosch at the showroom, they felt a little cheap. Right now my downdraft fan is so loud, even though its located outside, so I'm happy that it will be quieter. We actually ordered the cooktop and downdraft already, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will be great! We purchased through this appliance store called Pirch, and they are the best. Their representatives are extremely knowledgeable, and they even gave us lunch when we were finalizing out order.

• greenfish1234
    8 years ago
    We did the thermadore 1,2,free program and got the dishwasher and hood for free when we bought the stove and refrigerator. Haven't hooked them up yet but I can't wait!! Kind of hard to beat the deal when you want all new, top of the line.
  • philcarson5
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Just wanted to update:

we installed Bosch cooktop+Thermador downdraft and they look great as well as perform awesome! They go well nicely together. Nnigrt, how do you clean your appliances? I've been using just an all purpose cleaner and it doesn't seem to be working very well