Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Rose/garden TV shows

While waiting for your roses to bloom again, you can pass the time with watching TV shows with rose/garden scenes in them. If you have Netflix, you should check out Rosemary & Thyme. You can also catch beautiful rose garden scenes from other English TV shows like Downton Abbey and others.

You can also find short videos online like this one http://www.pbs.org/video/2365380735/

Please feel free to share your finds. Helen

Comments (16)

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    8 years ago

Yes, thanks so much. I'm going to watch a few. Diane

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • ozmelodye
    8 years ago

I set my IQ tv box to record all the garden shows as new episodes are released here. Last night I watched Gardeners World, albeit 2 years behind. Not all the information is relevant to my climate, but great viewing. Love it. Melodye

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked ozmelodye
  • christykittrell
    7 years ago

Amazon prime has the mother load of gardening shows! Check them out :)

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked christykittrell
  • Seeingreen
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Gardeners World on YouTube is my favorite! But there are also a few rose society's who have recorded speakers at special events those are also a fav :)

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Seeingreen
  • Sarah z8
    7 years ago

Rose chat podcast! Redneck rosarian online and yes, of course the great masterpiece theater shows on PBS. The Paradise is a favorite.

I'll have to check out the ones you all mentioned! I didn't know Amazon had gardening shows!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Sarah z8
  • HalloBlondie-zone5a
    7 years ago

I love watching Gardeners World on you tube. They feature quite a few plants that I can grow here so that's nice. Obviously, winter hardiness issues are a bit different than in england. But I do find it very informative overall. Also quite beautiful & I have visions of owning a sprawling historic garden/estate where I can plant a million things! Only in my wildest dreams!!!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked HalloBlondie-zone5a
  • Seeingreen
    7 years ago

Love Rose chat! Haha... I listen to the episodes over and over while I'm gardening, driving, errr really anytime. Im always thinking about gardening and especialy my roses....

• Lisa Adams
    7 years ago

Christykittrell, I had no idea that Amazon Prime had all these gardening shows!!!! I'm so excited. They are always sending me emails about stuff I can watch that doesn't interest me, so I've never checked it out. Thank you! I need some down time, especially as the temps heat up. I'm going look through Netflix too. Lisa

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Lisa Adams
  • christykittrell
    7 years ago
    Your welcome Lisa! BTW I just joined this site yesterday and LOVE LOVE LOVE It! It's fun conversing and getting information from other gardeners. Enjoy all the videos and I'll be sure to check out all the ones mentioned above :-)
    bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked christykittrell
  • Lisa Adams
    7 years ago

I know, this place is great! I've learned so much and it's wonderful to share rose and garden stuff with like-minded people. Not many of us are fortunate enough to have a nearby friend or family member who is so crazy about roses/gardening, so this is the next best thing. Welcome, Christy! Lisa

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked Lisa Adams
  • lavenderlacezone8
    7 years ago

You're so right Lisa. Welcome Christy and thanks Bayarea for starting this thread!

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked lavenderlacezone8
  • vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY)
    7 years ago

Christykittrell, thank you from me as well. I also have Amazon prime but didn't even think that they would have gardening videos. Just now found quite a few. So glad to learn about this new series on PBS as well. Not yet on our local PBS but we'll keep en eye on it.

One of my favorite gardening programs was "A Gardener's Diary" that was shown on HGTV long ago, when there were many gardening shows in those days, alas not any more. In each episode, Erica Glasener visited a different private garden across North America, talking to a host gardener about many interesting ideas and plants, delightfully sharing the passion for gardening with regular folks. It was both educational and enjoyable to watch.

bayarea_girl_z10a_ca thanked vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY)
  • bella rosa
    7 years ago

I loved A Gardener's Diary and recorded quite a few episodes. My favorite episodes was the one with Lauren Springer - she's since remarried. Her Colorado home was stunning and she's amazing plantswoman and author. I love all her books.

• Seeingreen
    7 years ago

http://rosebreeders.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55604

sorry it's a link to a link but if you want to see some of the releases for 2018 and a few for 2020..... and we'll see Christian in the test gardens it's worth watching!