Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cameron_beger

Need help with a three room reno, assessing reasonableness of budget.

House Wonder
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My wife and I recently purchased a back split in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). We're looking at doing some reno/remodeling. I'm trying to get a ballpark figure of how much it might cost. I appreciate the quality of finish, the range of furnishings, the cost of designers and so forth are all diverse. If I were to average things out in the middle or based on other projects, could someone help us with a figure? We'll be talking to contractors and design firms evenly. With the move and other things going on right now I just wanted to find a baseline.

Move current kitchen to room in the back of house where no kitchen exits (read no plumbing, gas or supporting infrastructure). Add a reasonably sized rectangular island with sink.

The small en suite and the main upstairs bathrooms share a common floor space (separated by walls) make into master en suite and full second bathroom. IE have two full bathrooms (don't worry if the is enough space). Can rearrange walls.

Make current master bedroom and adjoining room into new master bedroom (non structural wall) remove and add closets on either end (wall to wall about 11 feet across) of the new master bedroom (only concerned with closet wall partition).

In the current kitchen remove cabinets (make a 5x8 bathroom) no tub but shower. Rest of space guest room.

Stain the existing hardwood floors from 1965 (approximately 1800 sqr feet).

We have purchased all new appliances that are standard sizes. So please exclude these.

Kitchen $35,000

Master bedroom changes $3000

Master bathroom/Main bathroom $20,000

New bathroom $15,000.

Stain existing hardwood (sand, prepare, stain, etc 1800 sqr feet) $3000.

$76,000 Canadian dollars.

Is this a reasonable budget for these items?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)