Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bernardyjh

Rain, Cold, Go Away - Succulents Wants to Come Out and Play

bernardyjh
8 years ago

We had a considerably warm weather this past weekend, it was nice to bring my plants out and enjoy the patio basking for abit.

Comments (14)

• nomen_nudum
    8 years ago

IMO your being a bit brave maybe opening some windows would be an idea for these type of days

• ehuns27 7a PA
    8 years ago

Bernard - I got excited when I saw how warm the daytime temperatures are becoming on a more consistent basis. Sadly the nighttime temps are still below freezing. Mine won't be out until they can stay safely out. It is an absolute nightmare bringing them in and out!

-Erica

• bernardyjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Nomen, I know my anticipation is very eager. But I figured it won't hurt the plants for a day or 2 more of fresh air.

Erica, I agree. The temps are fluctuating quite abit, we are getting snow in the next few days, then more warmer temps after. I realized my invested on the plastic planter trays are really bang for the buck. Now I don't need to carry the pots around one by one and worry about knocking them over..

• bernardyjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks Nomen! I'll vicariously note your pointers.

• deva33 Z8 Atlanta
    8 years ago

I am with you! The weather keeps teasing us!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    8 years ago

Send that rain here, please.

• nomen_nudum
    8 years ago

Being sent regular ground the snail mail people said apx a week for delivery. Got a good deal on bulk rate too.

Just a heads up in case it is, I cant say for sure if the mid 30's - lower 40's chills from here will be included in the package

• Dan Ale Zh
    8 years ago

Hi Benard,

nice collections. Are all those plants yours? how do you keep them in your apartment?

what are those white thing inside every pot? a tag name?

Dan

• bernardyjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Gail - Sorry to hear about your drought. When was the last time rainfall touched the ground? It's been rain - snow - sleet every few days for us.. mostly rain, anticipating Spring now..

Nomen - What about snail mail? Did you purchase something online?

Dan - Thanks Dan! Yes, they are all my plants, they mostly conquer the living room now under lights for now. I call them life support until the temp gets better.

Yes, I try to name and date all my plants and when they were last repotted. It keeps things more organized and neat that way.

• nomen_nudum
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

No it's a bit to chilly still nothing incoming from online here just trying to send someone some rain.

If you have a leaf or two to spare I kind of like that variegated Kalanchoe. If not no big deal I can hopefully find one.

• bernardyjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Nomen - Ahh! Gotcha now!

Sure, I'll set them aside this weekend. Maybe I can pass it to you at the CT show.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    8 years ago

Just came in from cleaning driveway of the snow...I measured 33cm (13") of very fine snow that started falling last night...Overnight temps tonight expected about -19*C (-2*F) - but on the bright side, there is +14*C (57*F) expected week from today! Still way to go before plants can go outside :(

• bernardyjh
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Wow Rina! -19C is no joke.. I pray for the arrival of warmers days soon. Winter is pretty mild in NY this year, apart from the Jonas storm and the Polar Vortex.