Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopkeka

Bathroom paint advice

tpt H
8 years ago

I'm in need of some bathroom paint advice soon.

Here's a pic where you can see the shower tile and cabinet/vanity. Ignore the blue color which was a thought when a different granite was in play.

I bought samples of BM revere pewter and bleeked beige. Pewter on top, beige on bottom in the below picture.

Beige on right, pewter on left.

Which color do you think is appropriate? Or am I on the complete wrong track?

Comments (22)

• btydrvn
    8 years ago
    All the colors you chose suggest a monochromatic theme that the reddish cabs may clash with...maybe try a little more reddish beige ?..also need to consider what color the hardware and faucets will be.. In this format ...hue ...will be key in all the elements
  • btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Try the swatches down by the cabs as well...
  • btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Color on bottom pic..right side ..looks sort of reddish in pic..?
  • Irene Morresey
    8 years ago
    Beige looks good a bit deeper
  • lhutch13
    8 years ago
    Beige
  • emmarene9
    8 years ago

Bleeker Beige

• tpt H
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Initially I wanted some contrasting color but then I can't figure out what color would work. I don't want a dark brown. I think I might be happy with the bleeked beige ... will post another pick with better view of cabinets and a larger swatch painted later. I just don't want everything to run together and be boring.

• susanalanandwrigley
    8 years ago
    Colors could be our master bath! We went with a yellowish beige. Not sure what it was called but I could find out.
  • btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Good idea to post a pic ....that really helps...also now that you let us know that you really prefer a color...not so boring color...we can approach from that angle...any specific info helps...like what colors you like?...want?...can see how you are stumped...but almost any color/shade is possible in this situation...the more you tell us ...the more we can help
  • printesa
    8 years ago

it's difficult to see the exact color in a photo...From the photos, the beige one seems to go better with the tile and the cabinet..It has a bit more red in it. I know Revere Pewter...it reads either beige or gray, depending on lighting and environment. I probably wouldn't pick it with those tiles and cabinets.
    We were looking for a cream color and picked Champagne from SW. In natural light it looks nice, but with LED it reads more orange than we wanted...so we went with 75% of it. It goes well with beige/cream tiles and cherry color cabinets..

• susanalanandwrigley
    8 years ago
    One more with more of wall color in it. Good luck with your choice!
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Even though bathrooms are usually smaller I think you can use deeper colors to create a rich environment. We used a Dark Bronze metallic from Ralph Lauren paints (unfortunately no longer in production) in a 5' x 7' hall bath. With white trim and good lighting it doesn't feel oppressive at all. That being said I mocked up you wall with some deeper colors (all Behr colors).

Mocha Latte

Dark Truffle

Classic Bronze

I don't think the lighter colors are necessarily wrong, they just don't create an impact like the darker colors do.

EDIT: Well between me working these up and posting them I see you said you don't want a dark brown so you can ignore these.

• PRO
    Interior Designer - Home Stylist
    8 years ago

I really like the mocha latte color that Kevin mocked up for you! I agree its nice to add some drama in your bathroom with a richer paint color, hope this is helpful

• btydrvn
    8 years ago
    Any shade of green that you like may work well and medium shades of gray also...
  • PRO
    CK Hoffman Design
    8 years ago

I would add more contrast. A suggestion would be Keystone Gray by Sherwin Williams. Best, Caryl H.

• tpt H
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I will try maybe a darker one next ... Here's a large swath with bleaker beige though the lighting looks funky here and it makes it look green but it's really not

• printesa
    8 years ago

I think it looks good, at least from my screen..you can see better how it looks with the tile and cabinet

• John Grubbs
    8 years ago
    grey
  • User
    8 years ago
    No grey. You need a warmer color.
  • Nicole Montazeri
    8 years ago
    I vote for the mocha latte also.
  • hmarney
    8 years ago
    I like the mocha but may be too dark
    Try " Quincy Tan" by Benjamin Moore" it reads a Honey/tan/green depending on the light. Goes really nice with cherry cabinets

Best wishes.