Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

The heat has drove me inside so posting a few bouquets!!

It has been unbelievable hot and beetles are swarming everywhere!! So I cut a bunch of roses the last few days and made me some pretties!!

Jalitah!! Not a great bloomer for me but when it does it's gorgeous!!

Heaven On Earth! Love her and a great bloomer!!

Perdita!! My second year with it and it's a great bloomer!!

Mostly Cream Veranda! Love this rose!!

Comments (29)

• s
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Those are beautiful Judy! Love the colour on Perdita. (edit: and the gladioli with Lavender Veranda and Love Song! cross post)

No complaint about heat over here. Only in the low 60's today and rain, rain, rain - almost every day this past week and it is taking it's toll on the roses!

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    7 years ago

Beautiful. Thank you. I love your vases and decorations too.

• ordphien
    7 years ago

Oh my gosh. I'm so jealous of your floral arrangements.

Stunning!

• Sandra - Sunset Zone 2- USDA 5b
    7 years ago

All very pretty! Lavender Veranda is especially lovely.

• Sara-Ann Z6B OK
    7 years ago

Judy, those are too gorgeous! Distant Drums and Lavender Veranda really caught my eye, they're all beautiful though!

• Carolina Girl (Zone 8b)
    7 years ago

Sigh...your roses are intoxicating! I can 'smell' them thru my monitor. I also love the Lavender Veranda. Will have to look for that one. I just posted pics of my new Blush Veranda today.

Enjoy your roses. I can't wait till my bushes flower enough to bring some cutting inside.

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    7 years ago

Outstanding! each one has something special, although I am also drawn to the Distant Drums and the gorgeous petals of Jalitah. Now I have to go look that one up. It's hot and sticky here too, but a good day to repot my babies.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sometimes sutekesh I wish it were back in the 60's. The nights have gotten cooler but good grief the day temps are killer with no rain. Lots of wilting going on in the phlox and hydrangeas.

Thanks a bunch jasmine, ordphien and Sandra. Always on the lookout for diff vases to make arrangements.

Sara and vaporvac Distant Drums is such a beautiful rose but stingy with its blooms. Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

Jalitah is stingy too vaporvac but it's blooms are gorgeous like DD so it's okay. Lol

Carolina Girl I saw your Blush Veranda. It's a gorgeous rose. You will have plenty before too long to bring in for bouquets.

Lavender Veranda is a great rose everybody. Lots of clusters that open about the same time. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments.

• rosecanadian
    7 years ago

Ooooh!!! Lovely!!!

Jalitah seems to have very thick petals. Bet it lasts a long time in a vase!

Heaven on Earth looks fantastic!

Thanks for all the beauty - cause they're all gorgeous!

Carol

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    7 years ago

Everything looks so fresh! They don't look heat stressed....just beautiful!

• dizzylizzy 7b
    7 years ago

Romance, romance, romance, is what your roses scream!! Always such a treat to see your bouquets!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    7 years ago

How lovely! You have a talent for combining pastel pinks/peaches/apricots/ivories. Your bouquets as a result are absolutely charming.

Kate

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks you guys. It's so funny how I love pastels but when I see everyone's brighter colors they are absolutely beautiful too. In the beginning I grew allllll colors of the rainbow then old age started creeping up on me and I realized I gotta get exactly what I was drawn to and give away the othere's but I still find the other shades charming in everyone else's gardens. I still have some brighter colors scattered out here and there and they are the ones that pop the most in my yard. Ya gotta love it!! Take care, Judy

• julesinthesand2
    7 years ago

Lovely arrangements! Your home must smell amazing, not to mention look like its out of a fairy tale! I loved your photos, thank you for sharing. Here's a video with some of the rose varieties you have if someone is interested: Roses . Keep the photos coming! <3

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    7 years ago

Thanks for the video. It has so many of my "wants". I've been meaning to call there to see when the roses are in full bloom, but I guess that time is now! I definitely need to get up there. They have an Earth-kind test garden, as well.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The video has some real beauties. Thanks for sharing.

• julesinthesand2
    7 years ago

You're welcome! :) Yes, now is the best time to come up here, every single rose is in bloom!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    7 years ago

Very nice. Thanks for the look.

• User
    7 years ago

Another one I missed and how! I am a pastel lover also and I so agree to follow your heart.

• rosecanadian
    7 years ago

I really enjoyed that video! It was so nice having the names. Thanks!

Carol

• fragrancenutter
    7 years ago

Your vases are as nice as your roses!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks everyone!! Now I'm ready for the heat and beetles to go away and just let me enjoy my garden.

• rosecanadian
    7 years ago

I guess it's all what you get used to. The temp here is 24C (75.2 F) and I just finished mowing the lawn. I feel like I'm going to perish from the heat. I have an ice pack against my face... :) I would feel like I'm dying with temps in the south. Funny, huh?

Carol

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh Carol I'd love to see temps in the 70's. That'd be absolutely perfect!!

• rosecanadian
    7 years ago

Yes, it's pretty sweet, but I still find it hot. LOL

We're supposed to get to 29C (84 F) next week!!! People here practically melt at that temperature!! But then we can take really cold weather. When I lived in Fort McMurray, every year we had -50C (-58F) temps for 3 weeks. But I remember going with my daughter on a bird watch when it was -50!!!

Carol

• hcarnevale
    7 years ago

I love them all. Can you tell me more about Heaven on Earth? Size, disease resistance, re bloom, fragrance, any info you can think of.....

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Carnevale. HOE is one of my favorites. When I first received it I loved the blooms but it was kinda floppy. After a couple years it got much sturdier. There still some low canes that get floppy but the majority are sturdy. The fragrance is lovely. She has great repeat, one of my fastest. Her disease resistance is great but I do spray. She gets about 4x4. She's an all around great rose. Here's some I cut the other day.

Take care, Judy

• rosecanadian
    7 years ago

They look like gorgeous peonies!!! Wow!! They're amazing!!

Carol