Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferborgia

Help! I can't decide. Please tell me if you think this is a good sofa

joy 120206
7 years ago
I purchased the Dryden sofa from crate and barrel. I can still cancel the order. I'm doubting the quality. Seat height only 18 inches and back 27 inches but 34 inches including seat.

Comments (13)

• acm
    7 years ago

How can we tell the quality from a photo? What has put you in doubt? Looks like a nice couch, although the arms are a bit thin...

• joy 120206
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Omg you are right. The arms are very very narrow. Ugh
  • shiningautumn8
    7 years ago
    I like the way the narrow arms look. I like the whole look of the couch. Is it possible you are overthinking things? What will the sofa be used for? ie company, tv watching, etc
  • joy 120206
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Yes it is our main sofa. Every day. My gut says it looks too dainty. I don't know anymore
  • baileysr
    7 years ago
    I don't think it looks dainty. It looks like it is simple enough to go with lots of different decor. The arms are kind of thin, but if you have a relatively small space that's a big plus compared to big rolled arms, and I don't think they look bad. I have no experience with the quality so can't help you there.
  • inabunker
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

When it comes to sofas, I am more on the minimalist side, so naturally, I do like your sofa. (I can't stand those big bulky lazy boy types of sofas that suck the life out of a room). But here's the deal, the arms don't look very practical. As far as quality, Crate and Barrel is on the upper end of quality. I just visited a Crate and Barrel store and they do have some other couches that are similar to this style, only with a bit larger arm. They were a bit mid-century modern looking, but I think they could fit anywhere. Good luck!

• Shiny Spork
    7 years ago
    I think it's rather clear you're not happy with it all. If that's so, you don't need our validation for or against the purchase. Cancel it and get something that pleases you.

That is unless you're like me and simply hate expensive purchases regardless of how much you actually like the product. If you're simply working through the nerves that come with the experience, my only suggestion is to go do something that requires your full attention so you don't have to think about it. I hope that makes sense.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

This style and fabric would not be my choice for an everyday sofa it does not look very inviting and a fabric arm will be filthy in no time to be honest i like leather for everyday living it stands up to all of lifes spills and dirty hands there are many styles to choose from in light colors if that works in your space I have white cow hide sofas in my much used LR they are 9 yrs old look like new and I am pretty sure by now i would be looking for new fabric

• shiningautumn8
    7 years ago
    Agree that if this is for every day family use go for either a more textured darker fabric or leather or slipcover style
  • joy 120206
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    This is the fabric I chose. Said it is for heavy use kid friendly
  • Cara Miller
    6 years ago
    Hello. Did you wind up purchasing the Dryden and how do you like it? I’m considering the Dryden sectional and curious what your experience has been if you got the couch.
  • PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    5 years ago

i'm curious too. we could make you a similar sofa or sectional at superior quality, if you're interested. and you cold customize the arms to be wider, or change anything else, since it's custom made to order in any fabric.

ZENITH - CUSTOM SOFA SECTIONAL · More Info

it's super easy to request a quote RIGHT HERE. we offer the best price-quality ratio !! xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM

** CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA AND CUSTOM SECTIONAL PROJECTS

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK