Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nippstress

Breck's is having their Rainbow of Roses (5 for $49) plus $25 off sale

Hi folks

I remember last year that we went nuts with the Brecks roses where they pick 5 roses in each of the targeted colors (purple, pink, orange, yellow, red) that come individually labeled as bare roots. At the present sale price of $49 for the collection, they're under $10 a rose. Last year they sent healthy and entirely plausible roses for my zone, and they seem to send the same package of rainbow roses to the same zone (so you don't get any variety necessarily if you order two sets).

Furthermore, if you order $50 or more, you get an automatic $25 off coupon that pops up on the screen. The rainbow collection doesn't quite trigger it, so you simply HAVE to order another rose for free (smile). I threw in Parade Day that looks like an intriguing pink/white stripe for $29, so I ended up getting 6 roses for a little over $70 plus shipping. No code needed, it just pops up when your order gets over $50.

Fair warning, if you order you have to post what you get as the rainbow selections so others in your zone can decide if they want to indulge.

Annnnnnd, they're off! It's at www.brecks.com.

Cynthia

Comments (21)

• soflatoothfairy
    6 years ago

I ordered 5 sets last year. The sets were exactly the same so I ended up with lots of multiples of Playboy, Cape Diamond, Night Owl, Drop Ded Red, Sunshine Daydreams. They all broke dormancy right away except 1-Cape Diamond. I gave away about 10 due to multiples but over time several died from canker type issues. I wasn't spraying at all that time so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. The only ones I still have are 3 Cape Diamonds.

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago

I ordered 7 sets last year. They were $19.99 for 5, then $14.99 for 5 at the end. They should mark down more in 2-3 weeks.

• Kelly Tregaskis Collova
    6 years ago

Hown are yours doing this year Summers?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

So far so good, not ordering more sets this year though, I have to cut down some evergreens to make room for the roses I just ordered.. :-)

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The four out of 5 Brecks roses I kept last year all seem to be coming back reasonably well. All in all, I found that the Brecks grafted bare root plants were as good or better at avoiding canker than some places (I'm talking to you, Jackson & Perkins and David Austin Roses), and certainly less expensive. That's why I'm trying that again this year. Last year I got Night Owl and Drop Dead Red, both of which are clearly alive this year, and Memorial Day and Tuscan Sun that the jury is out on surviving the winter still (but they're iffy in my zone anyway). Sunshine Daydream that I gave to a neighbor is doing fine.

Cynthia

• ljsemar
    6 years ago

my first year ordering from Brecks (2 years ago) only Easy Does It survived (now 1 of my best) but pretty much all the others bit the dust, not immediately but by the end of the hot Texas summer. However it was my first season with roses and didn't have great success in general, I bought only body bags and 1 rainbow collection from Brecks and only about 30% are alive today. The only research I had done on roses was to sniff them and gawk at them. I still haven't a clue about much, but know 80 billion times more now than then.

Last year I purchased the rainbow collection, Anna's Promise, Rock and Roll, Twilight Zone, Ebb Tide and Edith's Darling. Edith's Darling grew a bit, bloomed a couple times, then sat there and finally died. Night Owl bloomed twice, didn't grow at all after that, then I moved it to a new location with more sun early this spring and seems to be coming back nicely. All the rest are doing great, I have the same set as Cynthia.

This year I opted to use the $50 off a $100 to get the collection plus Violet's Pride and a few perennials so I could get the bareroots in sooner here in Texas. The varieties that came were:

red- Children's Hope, orange- Above All climber, pink- All My Loving, purple- Melody Parfumee and yellow- St. Patrick.

They arrived big and healthy, I took longer than intended to get them in the ground but all have taken off swimmingly and look great, no blooms yet. I can't bring myself to be a pincher the 1st year.

• Dingo2001 - Z5 Chicagoland
    6 years ago

I just got an email from Spring Hill, they have the rainbow of roses for $14.99.

• ajs317
    6 years ago

Is there a code or a link for the Spring Hill sale? It's showing $99 on their website.

• Borkie Zone 6a
    6 years ago

Is Spring Hill as bad as Michigan Bulb? I see they are selling bare root... that's what I thought I'd get from MI bulb and they certainly are not that. :/ I really want an Ebb Tide!

6 years ago

I don't think I've ordered from Spring Hill, but I think several of these companies have the same owner. I've gotten the 2 quart Mi Bulb roses, they are a little small! But they did pretty well here - you have to read the description pretty carefully when you order, I was surprised too. The Spring Hill code is 0461937

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    6 years ago

I am getting slightly nervous. I ordered a bolero Rose from brecks and the shipping time is two weeks I sure hope it makes it

• dvan79 (zone 7, MD)
    6 years ago

I received my Breck's rainbow collection this morning! It came from Weeks' (Wasco, CA -> Maryland) and took a week via Fedex SmartPost. I'm soaking them now (they were just in a plastic bag without shredded newspaper).

Violet's Pride (love it, already have, bought at full nursery price!)

Strike It Rich

Pumpkin Patch

Miss Congeniality

Take It Easy

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

Oh wow dvan those are great !! I would seriously have to start a new bed to fit more in but this is so tempting. I also have violets pride and love it already!!

dingo , the code was for free shipping:/ . 80$ is insane when you don't even get to choose ! Oh well I am so picky about colors im not sure a mixed bag is good for me .

6 years ago

oh oops! Sorry, I pulled it from the bottom of my email confirmation.

I see Summers posted a new thread with the Spring Hill code :)

6 years ago

How are they arriving from brecks ? Ate they bare-root or are they a band?

• dvan79 (zone 7, MD)
    6 years ago

They are bare root.

6 years ago

Cool

• ljsemar
    6 years ago

Oh man dvan, I already ordered my set this year but since you received different ones than me I'm tempted to try again. I tend to avoid duplicates for the most part and violets pride is the only one of those I have.

• fig_insanity Z7b E TN
    6 years ago

Mine came today:

Take It Easy

Easy To Please

Good As Gold

Top of the World

Twilight Zone

Really pleased with TZ, though I would have gladly taken Violet's Pride. I was really hoping for Pumpkin Patch for my orange, but so goes the lottery, lol. I still have a batch coming from Gurney: hope springs eternal.

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Mine from Breck's were Take it Easy, Violet's Pride, Cupid's Kisses. Ch-Ching, and Pumpkin Patch. From Springhill, I got the same except for Top of the World instead of Pumpkin Patch. From Gurney's, I got Take it Easy, Violet's Pride, Sunshine Happy Trails, Easy to Please, and Top of the World. I would actually have loved another Twilight Zone since it's an excellent rose, but I have high hopes for Violet's Pride.

Obviously these three companies are interlinked, but it's interesting that each one was a slightly different mix. I'm happy with Sunshine Happy Trails since that one is new to me.

Cynthia