Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
massey516

Pothos Conglomerate?

I (as many of you too I suppose) have been on the look out for the new EA pothos Jessenia and Cebu Blue. I have in my area a few of the BB stores and was in HD. I saw 4 hanging baskets and as I got close I could see one was a Golden Pothos and 3 were Manjula pothos. I already have 2 Manjula and a couple of Goldens.

I saw that one of the Manjula had a vine that had reverted back to all green with no variegation. We have discussed that on this forum and I always find it interesting so wanted a closer look.

As I pulled the pot down I saw that it was not reverted to green, but a different pothos.

And upon closer inspection I saw Marble Queen and Pearls and Jade/Glacier (I can't tell the difference).

And of course there was Manjula.

The other 3 plants were labeled with an EA tag and had the appropriate name. This one had not lag but did have a sticker that said EA.

I was very pleased with this mixed up pot of pothos! I thought other plant folks would enjoy seeing this.

Comments (11)

• akrrm (Nancy in NJ 7a)
    6 years ago

I like it. Very nice mixture of pothos.

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked akrrm (Nancy in NJ 7a)
  • Embothrium
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

If any of these variegated forms aren't very stable at least some of the material could actually be coming from the same stock plants. Such is not that unusual with variegated plants and others with aberrant features, like broken flower colors or abnormal growth patterns. Particularly those that are chimeras.

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked Embothrium
  • massey516 (NW Montana z 4b)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Embothrium - Yes I agree. and if there were only the one green vine, I would have suspicions that was the case. but since I found the other 2 different pothos, I figured that they were separate. I imagine someone at the end of a shift just putting different cuttings in to get done! Or maybe someone did it on purpose for fun? Either way I am happy with it!

• Andrea ME z5b
    6 years ago

So fun! I would totally have gotten it too!

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked Andrea ME z5b
  • jamilalshaw26
    6 years ago

Beautiful. And here I am taking cuttings from all mine so I can put them all in one pot. I've got to check and see if my HD here may have one!!!

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked jamilalshaw26
  • hardcoreviolets
    6 years ago

I think it was mentioned awhile ago that there were some 'on purpose' EA pothos combo pots out there. I'd love to find one.

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked hardcoreviolets
  • christine 5b
    6 years ago

Great find, greater price, she's a beauty

massey516 (NW Montana z 4b) thanked christine 5b
  • Russ1023 (central Fla)
    6 years ago

Massey516, I've grown Epipremnum pinnatum and it's variety Cebu Blue for a couple of decades and they've become weeds in and outside of my shadehouse. Let me know if you don't find Cebu Blue in stores in your area, I'd be glad to mail you some plants or cuttings if you'll pay for postage. I have a very large collection of aroids, mostly philodendrons and aglaonemas, always willing to share my propagations for trade or postage.

Russ

bluesea14808@yahoo.com

• Justin
    6 years ago

Hi,

This is definitely a mistake and should not have shipped out of our farm this way. (We try to cull any reverted plants before shipping time and if we do a number of different varieties in the same container, we use a Combo tag.)

Because it's not intentional, it's a rare find. Congrats!

---Justin
    Costa Farms Horticulturist

• massey516 (NW Montana z 4b)
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Justin,

In really looking at the plant I don't think the green vine was reverted, I think it is a separate plant like the Marble Queen in there or the Manjula. I think there are just different cutting from different Pothos varieties. And again, I am very happy for the mistake!

Russ,

I will be sending you an email and would love to get some cutting for postage/trade! I love where I live in NW Montana and we have lots of native beautiful plants, but I can only imagine living where you can have what I consider "houseplants" living outdoors where they are almost "considered weeds"!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor