Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deborah_kim74

Leather furniture living room decorations

D K
6 years ago

Just got nice two brown leather chairs and a coffee table from Pottery barn outlet. The new rug is also from pottery barn. After putting it together there is a lot of brown. Please help me with decor ideas for this brown Grey blue/green wall room. Thank you in advance!!!

Please

Comments (28)

• User
    6 years ago

if you are planning on using that painting on your wall you can pick up some of those colors from it. like the gold and some cream accents with white and add a slightly darker window treatment from the color of your walls.

D K thanked User
  • D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

When you mentioned dark window treatment, like curtains?

• User
    6 years ago
    Have you thought about changing the layout of the room like
  • User
    6 years ago
    Yes just slightly darker than the paint not very dark
  • mramsey
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

The rug looks too small IMO and too brown. If you changed it out to a larger and less brown version, it would tone the brown leather furniture down a tad. Here's a few examples from the HOUZZ shop, but there are gazillions of other rugs, throws and pillows that you can search for inspiration on the site.

D K thanked mramsey
  • User
    6 years ago

Something like this

D K thanked User
  • User
    6 years ago

Here are color schemes I mentioned

D K thanked User
  • D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so much. I know nothing about interior design. Where can I find those similar pillows

• jbtanyderi
    6 years ago
    A metal and glass coffee table will get rid of some of the brown. Pick interesting table lamps and light (?and bright?) ceiling height drapes. Art and a mirror will also help.
  • D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

MRamsey, I love the design of the last rug you posted. There are so many rugs to run by. Where can I find this rug? Thanks so much.

• User
    6 years ago
    Those pillows are by lacefielddesigns.com the curtain is on the Houzz site...your welcome
  • User
    6 years ago

Deborah LK

will be rearrange your chairs

• D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

MRamsey and Claire, I found this pottery barn rug on a really good sale. Do you think this rug would work for this room? Claire I thought this rug had the many color schemes you mentioned. I thought my current rug was very dull in color and too small. Trying to sell that rug now.

• D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

the first rug you mentioned above is on a big sale. Which one of the two would look better with this living room?

• User
    6 years ago

the like the last one you post the best.

• kulrn
    6 years ago

Both would work. Here's the blue.But the teal would look good too.

• kulrn
    6 years ago

D K thanked kulrn
  • PRO
    Nicola Interiors
    6 years ago

Take a look at some of the pieces we have in these designs of ours. Notice the arc lamp, side tables, glass top sofa table, blue lamps, and artwork with pops of blue in it.

• User
    6 years ago

D K thanked User
  • D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

so I am getting my long three seat couch you see in previous pics redone for free (I had it upholstered with leather but leather has scratches in them) I was thinking about actually doing a fabric upholstery like the one below and add the nailhead ourselves.

What do you think about this to tone down the brown in our living room?

• User
    6 years ago

try to get a fabric with double repeats a nice print would work too

• D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Oh. That looks beautiful. The first one is my favorite.so it b won't look ugly or anything but rather unique right?

• User
    6 years ago

It would look unique there’s always room for new ideas

• D K
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so I changed my mind and decided to just get a regular leather cover for my current couch. But move the couch against the window and put a nice nice fabric line seat against the other side.

My question is should I go with bright blue love seat or a beige or light grey loveseat with bright pillows.

And I don't know what kind of rug I should buy to coordinate all this.

Below is the picture of the staging the previous owner used before they were the house to us.

• User
    6 years ago

You see how the other homeowners layout made the room seem a lot more larger. Why don’t you have the two other chairs upholstered with printed fabric and line them with the sofa at the window and I would go with beige.

• User
    5 years ago
    Hi Deborah L K, how are you? What progress have you made in your living room
Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida