Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tessyts

Leathered granite, "+" reveal undermount sink, no clip install.

tessyts
6 years ago

When the installer came to do the template for future our countertop he informed my husband that he wouldn't be using the clips that came with the undermount sink. He plans to use 2x4's that the sinks lip will rest on and silicone the sink to the granite. He has tried several times to talk me out of doing a positive reveal on the undermount sink. I can't stand a negative reveal sink and would do a drop in sink before I would ever do a negative reveal and told this. Later on he calls and leaves a message on my cell advising that we choose another granite stone. He said in the message that he is afraid that the stone "wont do what I want it to do." My husband called him today and according to him the Valle Nevado leathered granite is a soft stone and so porous that if I got flour on it I'd have a hard time getting it out of the pores. Also he's concerned that edge of the granite around the sink would soak up water and become discolored. I welcome any thoughts, advice and experiences. Thank you.

Comments (3)