Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lo_whitee9012237

Need help picking colors for orange/pink brick

Lo Whitee
5 years ago

Help! we are getting our roof replaced and are also planning on painting our shutters. We like our brick color, we just can’t find anything like it to get good paint ideas! We are leaning toward a gray roof and possibly a darker charcoal for the shutters. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (The photo of the house up close is the true color of our brick in person)

Comments (17)

• grapefruit1_ar
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Even before I read the post I would have bet that you were thinking of gray! When will it stop?? Sorry.....venting.....too much gray in the world.

My DD has brick very similar to yours. Their shutters are a darker khaki and the door is a salmon-ish color. It looks very nice. Your shutters could be the color of your gables if that is khaki?

Once you get your landscaping spruced up your house will sing!! Lovely home!

• chloebud
    5 years ago

Pretty home! Gray is a good choice for the roof since it's neutral and almost always a good fit with brick. I think black would be classic for the shutters and door.

Your current shutter and door color reminds me of my brother's colonial home...Benjamin Moore's Tarrytown Green. So nice with the brick.

• Lo Whitee
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks to both of you!! We have almond windows...would the white trim idea still work?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

Remove the wrong sized shutters paint any siding you can see a nice grayed green do the door black, remove the overgrown stuff on the left side add some large tall planters on either side of the entry

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Windows can be painted.

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • deegw
    5 years ago

If you are picking a beige/tan color, please be careful with the undertones. Our old house brick was a similar color. Many of the light and mid range colors that we tried for the trim had unattractive pinky/orange undertones when viewed next to the brick.

• chloebud
    5 years ago

Hmmm...can't help thinking black door/shutters with a soft white trim would be so nice with your brick.

Different style home but nice combination of brick and colors.

• cpartist
    5 years ago

The shutters look pasted on and don't belong on such a stately house. Ditch them. I like Patricia Colwell's idea.

• housegal200
    5 years ago

Below are some pink-y brick houses with brown in them. A light charcoal roof that skews to brown like chloebud shows in her photo would look nice with almond trim, which you already have. Beverly has a nice color, though since you already have almond windows, almond trim would work.

McLean Tudor Curb-Appeal · More Info

Medium sandy brown:

Window Design Center October 2008 · More Info

Window Design Center October 2008 · More Info

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    5 years ago

We have almond windows...would the white trim idea still work?

BenM's Simply white or SW's Alabaster.

Darkest charcoal roof you can find - but not not solid black-black.

If you keep the shutters, Tricorn Black from SW.

Something fun on the door - like SW's Roycroft Copper Red.

• chloebud
    5 years ago

Tricorn Black...nice.

• mardsz
    5 years ago
    We have the same color brick and have used SW Cottonwood for the trim paint and gray for the doors.
  • Lo Whitee
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the tips and images!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio