Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

Veggie seeds for postage

beth_b_kodiak
5 years ago

I have surplus veggie seeds that I will send for postage. I have padded envelopes so you just need to send me stamps. Standard veggies like beets spinach kale collards dill carrots some beans and peas okra cucumbers few tomatoes squash pumpkins. None are GMO and many are heirloom varieties. You must have your messaging enabled on your member page so I can send you the address. You must send the stamps within 10 days or I will remove your name from the list.

Comments (52)

• Johan Doubell
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I would like some seeds. Please.

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Johan you do not have message enabled on your member page so I can send you an address. . To send you the seeds best for your area and size garden you will need to let me know your size garden and types of veggies you hope to grow.

• Johan Doubell
    5 years ago

I updated my profile, I should be able to receive messages. Not how to send one though. I live in zone 6b, would like to try beets collards and kale please.

• Johan Doubell
    5 years ago

15 by 15 foot raised bed garden, that I divided into 5, I only started growing veggies last year and had a pretty decent harvest.

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

looks nice, eight stamps should mail those easily, how about some of these, lettuce,chard cabbage, radishes. Sent you my address and thanks for the prompt reply.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cel Eddie, you need to post here so I can answer.

• HU-981196514
    5 years ago

Greetings Beth. I'd like some seeds please. Beets, kale, spinach, dill, cukes, peas and okra. TIA

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Thanks for posting Hu. Yep, I've got those to share. If you could post your Zone, I can get them together while waiting for your postage.

• HU-981196514
    5 years ago

Great. I'm in a 5-6. I'll send postage today.

beth_b_kodiak thanked HU-981196514
  • HU-981196514
    5 years ago

Just to clarify, you would like no more than 15 seeds of each variety?

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hu, that is not many seeds.Are you doing raised beds or pots?. I'll send what you want, just wondering

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Im very interested! How many stammps do i send you and where? Im in. Zone 7 i got a whole bunch pf gardening space not sure how much but enough for me to grow a whole mess of stuff. I got a button. Of space and lots of interests in gardeninhm

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Tomaotfool, Eight forever stamps is enough, until the postage rate goes up!!

Lots of space is good if you spend lots of time too ;) ( we need a smiley on here)

As I get older and have less folks to feed I keep reducing the space in the actual garden but I am always trying new things. Other than tomatoes, what are your favorites. They (tomatoes) have been my favorites since about age 4 but they do not do very well here. My soil is sandy and the Ph is on the high side.

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

I really love onions peppers tomatos(currently i am a tomato fool soon i will be a tomatoking) and lettuce. Also i gonna try to grow a 200 lbs pumpkin this summer. :) its gonna be a blast. Im in zone 7 and am currently starting my tomato seeds indoors. I really do love tomato. Sauce and spaghetti and pizza And meatballs and tomato soup. Its the best ! :) pm me

Edit: i forgot to mention thank you and yes i got lots of energy for all the space. I plan on growing everything i can get my hands on and have lots od spare time to make sure the plants are doing well and lots of time to give to neighbors. Too. Hope you had a good new years

• Deborah de Vries
    5 years ago

I am setting up a free community garden in the spring here in Shawsville Virginia for a non-profit group. I would love ANY seeds you can offer us. Please let me know how much postage is and where to send it. Thank you!

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Deborah, eight stamps Eight forever stamps will be enough. Best wishes for your community garden. You will need to activate messenger on your member page so I can send you the address. I think the correct choice says let anyone message me

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Im trying to message you but cant figure out how. to sebd you a message :(

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Tomato fool just click on my name on any message I have posted. That should take you to my "Page". At the lower rt corner of the header is a box that says message, just click on that

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Theres no option for me to send you a message. Trued with other people as well no luck. :( we could email or facebook is possible

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Johan, your stamps arrived today...... I'll be mailing back on Monday or Tuesday. Very nicely packaged thanks.

Tomato fool, Did you get the message with my address? I don't know about the messager. We'll try something else.

• Johan Doubell
    5 years ago

Thank you , I look forward to getting them in the ground.

beth_b_kodiak thanked Johan Doubell
  • beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Packet is in the mil. PO predicts delivery Thursday

• Cel Eddie
    5 years ago

Good Morning,

Do you still have seeds?

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Yes, I do what kind do you need? How much space do you garden????

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Yes beth i sent your letter out :monday . hope stamps get there soon i cant wait to see what you send im very excited. New seeds. New tastes. more food = happy

• helenb1949
    5 years ago

I would be interested in the veggie seeds. Do not need green beans, corn or tomatoes. Getting excited about my spring garden. With any luck winter will be over here in Texas early this year.

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Helen, I sent you a message.

Cel, did you get my message?

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Tomatofool your stamps arrived today. The nasty weather here should be over by Monday so I can mail back. Thanks for the tomato seed you sent. Not necessary but appreciated. Goliath is one of the series that do somewhat better here and the one you sent is one we did not try yet. I'll include some paste tomatoes in your packet. Love home made sauce and Tomato soup.

Thanks Bethb

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Stamps arrived from nixa. Whose are they???

I don't want to send the wrong seeds.........

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Glad u like them. :) ok no problem and thank you for letting me know they arrived :)

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Elysse, message sent

• Thelma Dameron
    5 years ago

Hello, and thank you for the offer. I'm returning to gardening after 10+ years, so any and all seeds will be appreciated. I have a 10x20 plot, a 5x10 plot and a window in back porch. So lots of room and nothing to plant. Zone 6.

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Thanks Thelma, do you and your family have favorite veggies or ones you can't stand and sure won't eat??? I have quite a few choices and want to send useful things that you like.

I'll PM you with the mailing address to send stamps. feel free to ask if you have questions.

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Johan Doubel, hope your seeds arrived safely. The weather has been bad and can cause delays, but please let me know when they get there

• Johan Doubell
    5 years ago

They did, I never expected such a nice variety. Thank you so much !!!

beth_b_kodiak thanked Johan Doubell
  • Katherine Bridges
    5 years ago

are you still offering seeds?

• Brenda Stronge Baldwin
    5 years ago

I am just starting my garden and I'm looking for vegetable seeds, and fruit tree seeds. I want my garden to be eatable so everything I grow you have to be able to use in some form or other. Any seeds you have available would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Katherine and Brenda. you need to set up your member pages with message available so I can send you my address.

This will be the last week for this offer

• tomatofool
    5 years ago

Thank you so much beth! Package arrivwd and has a whole mess of seeds ! Everything perfect ! Peppers tomatos mammoth sunflower and your so kind for everything else. I cant wait to harvest a lot of seeds to send you this end of the year! You are too kind and i cannot wait to share this with family and friends and neighbors. You are

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Helen1949 I just tried twice to send you a message. Both got Message send error notes. Did you get either of these?

• William Miller
    5 years ago

I just purchased a home on 1 acre of bare ground, and I would love to put in a garden. Do you still have any seeds left?

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Congratulations on the new home William. I do still have seeds but to set this up, you will need to go to your member page and set up the message system. I believe it is part of the "advanced settings" and the correct choice is .."let any member message me". This offer ends the end of this week. I need to be done mailing seeds before I get busy in Feb.

• Unnati Hall
    5 years ago

Beth, If you have any seeds left I would love to have some! I am a newbie and I have garden fever now that my tomatoes and peppers are almost fully grown!

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Unnati, your member account is not set up so I can message you direct.If you get it fixed so I can message you today and you mail stamps by Friday it will still work.

I will be finished with all mailing next Wednesday, the 30th.

• Unnati Hall
    5 years ago

I enabled my messaging. Thank you!

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!! If any stamps arrive Tomorrow or Thursday I will send back seeds to you. If you have not sent your stamps yet....... DON"T. I'll return them

Thanks to those who participated. I have enjoyed sharing and would love to see garden photos this summer

• Elysse MacLeod
    5 years ago

The seeds arrived! What a glorious selection! We will put them to good use. Your generosity is appreciated! Many thanks!

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago

You are welcome Elysse, Enjoy.

Unatti your stamps arrived but I will not be able to return mail the seeds before Wed the 6th due to work schedule. Just wanted to keep you updated on progress

• Unnati Hall
    5 years ago

Thank you so much Beth!! I received the seeds yesterday! I am so excited about planting these. I put the sugar baby watermelon in a pot yesterday.

beth_b_kodiak thanked Unnati Hall