Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denise_simon4835

Beginning a master bath reno and am looking at paint colors.

Denise Simon
5 years ago

How weird would it be to paint my ceiling Benjamin Moore Beach Glass? My wall color would be Benjamin Moore Pale Oak. Like the idea of a color on my ceiling but wondering if it's too bold.

Anyone out there do this or something similar?

Comments (11)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

Denise, what room? what's your lighting? flooring? furniture?

I like your idea and think the colors would work, but a lot depends on all of the rest. (Beach Glass is not a bold color!)

Denise Simon thanked Beth H. :
  • Anne Duke
    5 years ago
    In our master, we had sea foam green ceilings and I loved them. We painted the master bath walls the same color. It was really pretty and I’d do it again. Just be prepared for some people look cross eyed at them.
    Denise Simon thanked Anne Duke
  • Denise Simon
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks for responding! This is for a 7 x 16 foot master bath. I'm going with darker vanities, very light (quartzite in a warm white) countertops and my tile for floor, shower, and freestanding tub surround will be in a porcelain that looks like a marble. I do have all my items picked out, but haven't begun demolition yet. Just trying to give my husband an "idea board" before we begin.

• Susie .
    5 years ago
    Kudos for putting a plan together ahead of time. I’m always shocked when someone posts “painters coming tomorrow and I need a paint color”! Paint should be easy to pick, since it’s the last thing you do. It’s. Or always easy to pick before everything is in the room, though. Lighting and interaction between tile walls and tile floors, etc. can’t always be predicted. You should be able to see how the tile and countertop look against the paint sample, though. I’d get a sample pot so you can paint a large sample on a board (foam or drywall). Paint looks different the bigger it gets.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I think it will work, if this is the look you had in mind. I love a walnut vanity w/the all of the marble-look and with your paint colors. (the other option would be something like black oak. I wouldn't do espresso or cherry colors)

this is Pale Oak on the walls in this bathroom

bad photo shop, but maybe it will give you an idea w/ the beach glass ceiling

Denise Simon thanked Beth H. :
  • K R
    5 years ago
    Beautiful! I love the pale oak walls with it too.
    Denise Simon thanked K R
  • emmarene9
    5 years ago

It sounds nice and I would love to see the finished picture.

Denise Simon thanked emmarene9
  • Nancy in Mich
    5 years ago

I like Beach Glass with carrara-look tile. It seems it will look good with the Pale Oak, as well. A green/blue ceiling in a bathroom will feel fresh and outdoorsy.

Denise Simon thanked Nancy in Mich
  • Denise Simon
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks! Will post pictures in early March to see if you're right!

• Denise Simon
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Beth H:

thanks for doing that - I love it! That's basically how I think it might look!