Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

All my Chicks, gather around Mama's apron

mamapinky0
5 years ago

There's no way to say this other than outright. I'm dying. I have lung cancer. I chose to leave the hospital to come home and tell the kids but I have to return tomorrow but it may be tonight as the pain is not yet controlled.
My mother died from this in 08,
My sister lays in bed in NC now on hospice care with lung cancer.
I ignored symptoms too long, pains everywhere, no energy, ect...in my defense I didn't think cancer for a second. Once I'm readmitted the doctors will lay out their plans and goals for me. You can bet Mike is not pleased that I checked myself out of the hospital at 5.30 this morning. But I have to be the one to tell the boys, at home where they won't be quite so scared.
Larisa, please get word to Adam (Larsi) for me.Thank you. And please Larisa don't be mad at me, I just could not take from you at that time when I didn't absolutely need to.
I will continue visiting you all here as long as I'm able...The Laundry room always did have the best folks that visit Houzz.
I'll be back later. Thank you all my Chicks

Comments (425)

4 years ago

I may have to give that ice cream a try--it sounds delicious and it'll be nice to have Mama's legend move from the laundry room to the kitchen.

I think of you daily Cheryl and hope you and the family are doing as well as you can under very hard circumstances. We always appreciate when you can check in, but even if you don't I hope the high regard we have for you, and the constant good wishes, are at least a small comfort.

• 2ManyDiversions
    4 years ago

Avatar, I hope you do make it, it's incredibly refreshing : ) Not hard to make at all, just give it time to freeze and stir, but try not to go ahead and eat it before it freezes!

• SEA SEA
    4 years ago

I hope you are doing as well as you can be MamaP. Thank you for the update. I'm sure that was hard to do during these times. Much appreciated. Sending feel better and get well thoughts to you. It's just a hard time now with chemo. I've known people who said cancer was easy. They said, Chemo? That's hard. We are rooting for you.

Back in my home town I had a lovely client who was going through chemo. She would drag herself in so as to not miss her appt. Keeping her appts made her feel better she said. Gosh was that hard for her to go through. When the time came to shave her head we made it a ceremony then she kept her twice a month appts even with no hair, to get scalp treatments, because she said she was going to beat this thing and she had better have a good head of hair on the other side of this darkness. She did recover and had a nice head of hair after all that when it started to grow back in. Just it was now lush, thick and curly! Before she had straight, fine and disagreeable hair. :)

I just washed white sheets per what I've learned here and it never gets dull--the fresh as can be specialness of properly laundered sheets. :)

The old saying: It's darkest before the dawn... You will get well.

Besides, we need you to protect innocent clothes and sheets from the perils of cold water washing! : ))

Sending hugs

• cooper8828
    4 years ago

Thinking of you on Mother's Day. I am sure you are being spoiled today!

4 years ago

I too am thinking of you Mama, and sending good thoughts.

• csevene
    4 years ago
    Keeping you in thought and prayer MamaP.
  • 2ManyDiversions
    4 years ago

Thinking of you MamaPinky, and your family as well.

• highdesertowl
    4 years ago

Hang in there Mama P, hugs and strength being sent your way :)

• Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    4 years ago

what a bunch of love for you, mamaP. You deserve it -- such a sweetheart. Don't give up!

Pat

• greenshoekitty
    4 years ago

Just want you and yours to know I am wishing you the best it can be, and for peace and comfort. Praying for you and yours.

• Jody
    4 years ago

It's been nearly three weeks since MamaP posted here, has anyone heard from her on another board or by private message?

• happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

Mama, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Larisa Batchelor
    4 years ago

We’ve heard from mamas daughter on the Facebook group. She’s just completed one round of chemo and has a break. Pretty tired but home last we heard. Seems like she’s just recovering right now.

• greenshoekitty
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Thank you Larisa for letting us know that.

• NewEnglandgal
    4 years ago

Thank you for the update Larisa!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    4 years ago

Larisa, thank you. I hope Cheryl knows how much she is in our thoughts.

• boba1
    4 years ago

Larisa, thank you very much!!!

• csevene
    4 years ago

Thank you for the update Larissa.
    Please let her know we’re thinking of her and keeping her in our prayers.

• Elizabeth
    4 years ago

Thinking of you today MamaP. Hope you are improving each day!

4 years ago

Good thoughts are coming from Seattle too. I think of you often MamaP, including this morning while adding sodium Percarbonate to my load of white t-shirts and then googling STPP vs. sodium Percarbonate over my breakfast. As usual, you're the go-to source, and we look forward to your return.

• greenshoekitty
    4 years ago

Hope you are doing better, and resting well. Please know you are missed and that many are sending prayers for you and yours.

• 2ManyDiversions
    4 years ago

Sending healing thoughts your way from TN, MamaP. You and your family remain in my thoughts daily. Hotter than hot water here for washing whites because the Laundry Goddess taught us well : )

• Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    4 years ago

Oh my gosh. I can’t believe it.

• Jeffrey Caban
    4 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. My Heart goes out to her Husband and Children. You won't be forgotten MamaP.

Jeff

• 2ManyDiversions
    4 years ago

I got a notification that Larisa had posted, stating Mama passed away, but its gone now. I'll delete this post if it was an error or if Mama's family requested the news not be mentioned here. I do see Iris and Jeffrey saw the post and responded. Please someone let us know if we need to remove any posts the family does not wish to be on GW/Houzz - we all want to respect their wishes.

I'm shocked and very saddened to hear this, and my heart and thoughts are with Mama's entire family. MamaPinky could never be forgotten here by her many friends and fans. She lives on in our memories. She was a very kind, very giving woman. I'll miss you, MamaP.

4 years ago

I too saw a message notification but no message here. Feeling very sad.

• SEA SEA
    4 years ago

I just saw this notification in question via email too. I'm very sad to hear this about our beloved MamaPinky. I wish it wasn't so. May she rest in peace. Prayers to her much loved family. ((hugs)) You will be missed and never forgotten MamaP. :(

• homepro01
    4 years ago

Just shocked. Rest in Peace and my condolences to her family at this time.

• armjim
    4 years ago

I am so sorry to read this sad news. Wishing her family peace and healing, hope and faith.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    4 years ago

Thank you Mama P. for all your help over the years.

• always1stepbehind
    4 years ago

OMG...I was just thinking about MamaPinky. She'll be greatly missed.

• greenshoekitty
    4 years ago

It is hard to lose someone, we have growen to care for, so to one and all moma pinky will be very missed. My wish to her family is to know she was liked and loved by so very many.

• larecoltante Z6b NoVa
    4 years ago

What a gem she was. Such a sweet presence. I am so sad for her family.

• hisown
    4 years ago

I will miss you MamaP. Your good advice, kindness and humor touched us all. Rest in peace my friend.

• cooper8828
    4 years ago

Rest in peace Mamapinky. Such a sweet lady and she will be greatly missed by many.

• KATHY
    4 years ago

I have only been a lurker here and this is sad news, her wisdom will be missed!

• highdesertowl
    4 years ago

Missing you so much MamaP! My deepest condolences to your family and loved ones. Thank you for sharing your light and your "voice"

• matti5
    4 years ago

I know MamaP from the KT forum and have been checking this forum daily for updates. I am so stunned and saddened to hear this news. MP was such a caring and loving lady, always putting others before herself. My condolences to her family. You will be greatly missed MP.

• blueee
    4 years ago

Wow she was from my area. I enjoyed reading her posts because my family calls me Mama P too. I was born and raised in Latrobe, pa as well. On angels wings from one Mama P to another! GBY

• georgect
    4 years ago

So sad to hear the news.

We lost a member of our tightly knit family.

Love pours out to Mama's family.

She gave a great fight.

Mama was a great teacher.

May she be happy in the big laundromat in heaven.

• Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    4 years ago

I am so so sad to hear this news. I have been checking and was very worried when she stopped posting. Her family has lost a treasure and they are in my thoughts.

• boba1
    4 years ago

Numb and speechless. A beautiful picture. Thank you for posting the link.

• rockypointdog
    4 years ago

Very sorry to see this. She will be missed.

• csevene
    4 years ago

So sorry and saddened to hear of MamaP’s passing.
    Many thoughts and prayers to MamaP’s family at this very difficult time.

• Elaine Ricci
    4 years ago

So sorry to hear this news! R.I.P., Mama P.

• MiMi
    4 years ago

I have MaMa’s address if anyone wants to send the family a card, message me and I will give you the address. I intend to enclose a check to help her family with expenses. I saw on another post someone ask about setting up a GoFundMe account to help but don’t they keep a percentage of the funds? I want the family to receive the entire amount of what I donate, that is why I’m sending a check directly to the family.

• sprtphntc7a
    4 years ago

so sad to hear this :( my thoughts and prayers are with her family during this devastating time. she gave so much of herself to her family and always put her needs last. rest easy MP

• mfrog
    4 years ago

just seeing this sad news now. Kindest thoughts to all who loved MamaPinky.

• rpsinfoman
    4 years ago

So sad to hear this and just speechless. My thoughts and prayers to her friends and family. RIP Pink!