Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carsonp

Spacing of pendants for asymmetrical island??

carsonp
5 years ago

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are finally getting to see our massive kitchen remodel come to a close and I am sooo happy with the results. My only issue, now, is that I am stumped about the pendants. When we first started the remodel we were not planning on having the overhang on the far side of the island, however after the spacing for the cabinets were laid out I decided we needed to extend the counter top to allow for additional bar stool seating. Before the overhang, I planned to have 2 pendants evenly spaced on each side of the sink (sink is center of the cabinets, however not center of the island) however now with the extended counters I am starting to doubt that. The cabinet portion of the island is about 120" long, and the counter is about 152" long. I don't want to have the seating area at the end of the island to be without light, so I am thinking I should get a third pendant and put one dead center on the countertops and then space the remaining two evenly from the middle one and not factor in the sink at all. What are your thoughts?

Comments (4)