Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (13)

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    5 years ago

Looks wonderful! Great roses available. Wish I were there. I'll have to go down the road.

• jacqueline9CA
    5 years ago

Grrrr....for some reason the first pic I posted only shows up as a tiny square, but if you click on it, you will see the entire pic.

Jackie

• jakekuro
    5 years ago

Thanks for sharing! Would definitely check it out.

• garden nut z9b
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I’m curious to see what the list of plants they less than four of has on it. That list usually has some interesting roses on it.

• jerijen
    5 years ago

I can second Jackie's recommendation of "Schmidt's Smooth Yellow." It's wonderful in my Coastal SoCal garden -- and totally disease-free. Buds show traces of red but open to a beautiful butter yellow . . .

And eventually fade to a pleasing warm white, so that the bush is multicolored.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    5 years ago

It's just as well I can't go because I would do my darndest to snag Barbara's Pasture Rose, Enchantress, Lady Roberts, Old Port, Pretty Jessica and Schmidt's Smooth Yellow. Naturally I don't have a spot for any of them.

• jacqueline9CA
    5 years ago

Ha! I just talked 2 of my neighbors i met recently into coming to the Open Garden - they had no idea the Cemetery even existed, although they have lived a few blocks away from me for 35 years. They have grown some modern roses for many years, so I have hope that I can introduce them to old roses and make some headway...

Jackie

• garden nut z9b
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Another good rose in the catalogue is miss keays pink noisette “faded pink monthly“. it can do well in areas that roses normally wont do well. Mine is in a Raised rockery area with a bamboo like plant behind it and it blooms well and puts out a lot of growth.

• pacrnca
    5 years ago

Hi, I don't see the list of additional roses that will be available to purchase, besides the catalog. If anyone has access to it, I hope you can post a link.

Thanks!

Priscilla

• garden nut z9b
    Original Author
    5 years ago

http://www.cemeteryrose.org/sites/default/files/article-files/2019%20Sale%20Roses%20.pdf This is the other list. I don’t have the space for teas but Ophelia looks like an interesting tea since the only garden it is in is in Europe.

• jacqueline9CA
    5 years ago

The Open Garden is today and tomorrow - my neighbor is picking me up to go in 1 1/2 hours - I am so excited! We have had so much cold weather and rain, I was concerned, but it has been clear and sunny for 3 days now. Roses are amazing. My early bloomers are all about 2/3rds out in my garden, along with the chinas and some teas - I am sure the garden at the Historic Cemetery will be fine. I am hoping to see their early bloomers in full bloom this year for a change (they are usually done by the time of the Open Garden), like the yellow and white banksia which completely drape 2 different ver large trees...

I will let you know.

Jackie

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
    5 years ago

What a beautiful catalogue! It was really fun reading it. I wanted to attend the sale this year, but I wasn't able to make it. Next weekend though, I'm making a trip to the Bay Area and will be stopping in Sacramento just to tour the garden! I'm so excited. The last time I went was about 7 years ago and I was only just beginning to appreciate OGR's.

Jackie, please give us a full report, with pictures if possible!