Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_343955085

New build exterior light "warm" gray paint suggestions

Abby Mac
4 years ago

I am looking at Anew Gray lrv 47 right now, but am thinking maybe a bit lighter? I will not cut any formulas, maybe that is ok for interior but I'm not going to mess with it for exterior. I looked at Agreeable gray lrv 60 and it's feeling TOO light. I have Colonnade gray and it seems like it could go purple-blue and I'm kind of afraid of that. Any thoughts with this stone?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Abby Mac thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    4 years ago

Erring on the side of darker exterior is not a bad thing.

Abby Mac thanked Lori A. Sawaya
  • Sara
    4 years ago

I’m not an expert but I don’t think either of those really work with your stone.

• Jess Sant
    3 years ago

I am currently painting my exterior Colonnade after losing a lot of sleep and 12 paint samples later. Anew was my 2nd choice, but it is a little dark for my house and has purple undertones in certain light. I think Anew or Colonnade would look great with your rock. Definitely paint samples on different sides of your house and obviously by your rock. Lighting and fixed structures make a huge difference.

• Abby Mac
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Jess Sant The stone looks so different in real life. We ended up with Benjamin Moore's Secret for the exterior body. I did SW Pure white for trim, which is probably too bright white, but I like the contrast. All told I probably got 50 samples of paint between figuring out what to paint both the exterior and interior. It was stressful!!