Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twebbz

A deal on Persil Pro-Clean Original Pro-10 I couldn't pass up.

twebbz
4 years ago

I just picked up an on sale 40 oz. bottle of Pro-Clean Original Pro-10 at CVS for $2.15 with a $1.00 coupon and $2.00 "Extra Bucks". I couldn't pass up the deal even though the Persil that I bought when it first hit the market made my laundry smell sour. I have yet to use the new stuff but I'm hoping that somehow something has changed with the formula and this time I'll have clean and fresh laundry. I regularly use TIDE Original HE in my front loader. Thoughts?

Comments (15)

• jtc
    4 years ago

I use Persil and have never experienced the sour smell.

twebbz thanked jtc
  • Jerrod
    4 years ago

Since it first came to market Persil liquid has undergone 3 or 4 formula changes so it's worth a try. Please let us know how it goes this time.

twebbz thanked Jerrod
  • twebbz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm happy to report that I did three loads of laundry and there was no sour smell with the Persil Pro-10.

• hcbm
    4 years ago

I have found Persil to be very sudsy in the past. Did you experience a lot of suds?

• dadoes
    4 years ago

Liquid Persil dosing can be tricky. It does generate more suds than some other products but the suds typically dissipate promptly on rinsing. I've don't have appreciable suds in the rinse, although I have moderately+ hard well-water which makes rinsing "easier" than softened water.

The WORST oversudsing I've had with Persil liquid was when washing a single (queen) pillow. I used what I thought was a reasonable dose (probably 1-1/2 tbsp) ... and TONS of suds. However, pillows are much more tricky than other items because of holding air (which exacerbates sudsing when it releases) and because the amount of fabric is really minimal compared to the physical size.

• twebbz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I did find that the Persil was more sudsy that the TIDE original HE that I usually use. It made me wonder if the "recommended amount" for regular loads (Line 2) was too much. Seemed not to rinse out very well. I had to do some extra rinsing.

• dadoes
    4 years ago

I washed a pillow (had a blood stain) couple days ago. Used 2 tbsp STPP, 4 tbsp Biz powder and 2 tbsp Cheer powder. No sudsing.

• hcbm
    4 years ago

I have very soft water so suds are sometimes an issue with all detergents.

• Jerrod
    4 years ago

I don't bother with any recommended amount and instead dose by load size. I have a front loader and on clothes that have no visible marks I only does to 29 ml which is line 1. I use more if I have dirty clothes but average soil seems to clean just fine at line 1. Soft water I would use less than line 1

• User
    4 years ago

I used pro clean original and made myself use it all, even though I really wanted to just toss it.

I hated the smell . And I had major sudsing issues with it. My city water is 8.2 grains per gallon.

• Jerrod
    4 years ago

HU-490545928:

When did you use it?

• User
    4 years ago

Jerrod, I used it when it first came out in the US market.

• twebbz
    Original Author
    4 years ago

So is the Pro-10 formula the latest and greatest? Seems like I can only find it at CVS. Other stores carry "Deep Clean".

• Jerrod
    4 years ago

The Pro-10 formula was released early last year. The Deep Clean is the newest formula. I used up the Pro-10 and have the Deep Clean. I have a front loader so only I use about 29 ml, line 1 for my everyday loads and I use just over line 1 for items with more soil. The Deep Clean seems to work just fine. I have a

washer with it's own dispensing system, but this week I am planning to use the Deep Clean for most of my loads.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022