Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

This knob? If yes, what pull?

localeater
4 years ago

Struggling with knobs and pulls for my masterbath. There are two separate cabinets. The vanity is red(SW Red Bay), it has a single centered sink, 2 banks of 3 drawers and 2 doors under the sink. The linen cupboard is white(SW Alabaster). It goes to the 8' ceiling and is 3' wide. It was three drawers in the bottom section and 2 doors up top.

I feel like the red vanity needs some texture in the hardware, which is why I am drawn to this egg shaped knob. For me it is just right, i.e. not too blingy, I am a bit bling phobic and my DH is staid. I like this knob very much.

If I use this egg shaped knob, what pull would you use A or B? Where would you use pulls, and where knobs? I think both pulls are boring so I was thinking all knobs on the vanity, and all pulls on the linen? Or maybe 2 knobs on each linen drawer and pulls on the tall cupboard doors.

Because I think the pulls above are a bit bland, I am also considering this combo. If I used this style, I would use the pulls on all the drawers and the knobs on all the doors. It comes in other colors.

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    4 years ago

Have you considered using a single pull on both doors and drawers?

Less is more!

localeater thanked Virgil Carter Fine Art
  • Anne Duke
    4 years ago

The bamboo and the others are stylistically very different. What do the fixtures and towel bars look like? Decide on the the overall look of your room. All are pretty choices though.

localeater thanked Anne Duke
  • salonva
    4 years ago

___ SO not a designer but---- the bamboo seems like it will do great with both- red, white, knob and pull.

If I had to choose from Q or B to go with your eggy.I think I prefer A.

My vote is bamboo baby.!

localeater thanked salonva
  • Fun2BHere
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I would use the egg on both the drawers and doors. I've done that in my bathroom and like it quite well.

localeater thanked Fun2BHere
  • bpath
    4 years ago

I like the bamboo pull with the red cabinet. but I’m not so sure about the bamboo knob. I like knobs in a bathroom (I just find them easier to use there than pulls), so if you went with just a knob, I like your egg knob.

localeater thanked bpath
  • localeater
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Here is a mock up of the bath to show its style. I would call it contemporary. The floor tile is fabric look 12x24, the shower is 12x24 glossy white, there is an accent tile. Go ahead and tell me it is 'dated', I like it. The sconces are satin nickel. The towel bars, hooks, toilet paper holder will all be very simple, clean lines. The room has two big windows which will have simple shades. The walls are Alabaster.

I am still playing around with the mirror finish and shape. The mock up actually shows yet another pull, the Lattice style by Atlas.

• bpath
    4 years ago

Ooh, Seeing the backsplash, the lattice is nice!

localeater thanked bpath
  • sunfeather
    4 years ago

Nice looking bath.. Love the rug too.

Depends upon your style. I wouldn't use bamboo if you're not going Asian in other areas.

I used a simple egg shaped knob for shaker drawers and doors and am happy I did. I can't tell if your cabinets are flat front or what. That may make a difference. If you have flat surface the pulls may be more the look you're going for.

I stressed out about pulls and knobs and then found something at Home Depot in a pinch to use until I found something else but now actually love them. Nice to find something that looks nice that doesn't cost a fortune. Also, I think knobs are less wear on the finish than the pulls because you don't touch the finish. My kitchen cabinets have pulls and the finish is getting worn where our fingers go through the pull onto the cabinet doors/drawers.

While I really like that mirror - I considered that for my bath - I think something more substantial would look even better in your bathroom.

localeater thanked sunfeather
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 years ago

Oooops, I changed my mind about the bamboo. I no longer care for it in light of seeing your actual elements. I thought the red vanity would look more like a chest, less modern. And just to continue being super helpful, I don't have a favorite between the other choices. The egg knobs with the B pulls seems good.

• User
    4 years ago

Have you considered using your preferred knobs for all the vanity, no pulls, just double knobs...and then go with the same knobs, in black, on the linen cabinet...no pulls there either? The matching texture and contrasting finishes might be rather nice.

• localeater
    Original Author
    4 years ago

UGH! My preferred knob has been nixed by my DH. Of course he said I can overrule him, but he made a very astute point. He reminded me that the egg knob with 1 screw will eventually not be perfectly straight and will drive me bonkers. And, he is right. The nerve of him, LOL.

So let's regroup!

I think I found a new pull, the Primitive by Atlas. I think I could use this every where.

• sunfeather
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

That's a nice one! Really nice!!!

• Anne Duke
    4 years ago

Actually, those odd shaped knobs should have a small protrusion that grabs the cabinet door and keeps it straight. I have square ones, installed 4 years ago with no shifting.

localeater thanked Anne Duke
  • Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

After 15 years, my eggs are still aligned perfectly.

localeater thanked Fun2BHere
  • sunfeather
    4 years ago

Mine don't seem to move around either.

• User
    4 years ago

The problem with those little protrusions is you have to get the knob lined up perfectly, first time, or else. I ended up having to grind all those off my squarish knobs and realigning by careful screw tightening. They are still good a year later.

• localeater
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I shall revist this with hubby!