Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

My house is in the Feb. 2021 Issue of Old House Journal

cpartist
3 years ago

Excited to see our new build house showcased in an article in the February 2021 issue of Old House Journal. It was described on the cover as a New Craftsman Home for Today.

Comments (76)

• ILoveRed
    3 years ago

Well deserved. Great old..new house.

• gardener123
    3 years ago

Big News! I'll be looking for that issue! Congrats and happy basking in the moment!

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

Congratulations, CPA! Your house is magnificent. You put so much thought and care into every choice. How fortunate more people will get to be inspired by your excellent work.

• Emily R.
    3 years ago

Congrats!! Now I want to get a copy of the mag... :)

• beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    3 years ago

Woohoo! Congratulations, cp!

• aprilneverends
    3 years ago

Hooray!!!!!!!! Hooray!!! I'll be looking forward to getting that issue. Congratulations, dear cpartist, it so deserves being featured..I'm so happy I saw this thread!

• salonva
    3 years ago

How wonderful! I do remember your kitchen and would love to see the rest of the house. Quite the praise!!

• herbflavor
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

thanks for letting us all know. with libraries and everything closed we'll get an issue one way or other. Great satisfaction and excitement for you!!!! That's a Journal I like when I'm at the Library I always browse through.....my house is not "OLD" but like the interesting details , and so much of what we do now days is a mixture of OLD and NEW.

• riverrat1
    3 years ago

This must be so exciting for you! I'll be on the lookout!

• jjam
    3 years ago

This is the coolest thing ever! Well done! Now I’m curious about the mag, too. Not many good ones left.

• mark1993
    3 years ago

Congratulations! Very exciting!

• Denita
    3 years ago

Congratulations! I will have to check it out - you have been through so much with this build, I'm glad to see you are getting rewarded.

• IdaClaire
    3 years ago

How wonderful! I too will be on the lookout for the magazine. Would love to see more of your beautiful home.

• doc5md
    3 years ago

Awesome! Congrats!

• cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

How wonderful! I do remember your kitchen and would love to see the rest of the house. Quite the praise!!

Here's a LINK to house photos I took when I first moved in 2 years ago. Below the opening post is "

Sort by:Oldest

Comments (144)

See 94 more comments

• You need to click on See 94 more comments to see the other photos of the house.

• maddielee
    3 years ago

Congratulations!

• millworkman
    3 years ago

Awesome, very nice CP.

• artemis_ma
    3 years ago

Absolutely a large CONGRATS for you! Awesome!!!

• chispa
    3 years ago

I remember when you mentioned the photographer was coming ... it has been a long year!

That is a nice keepsake to include with the house when you do get around to selling it.

• usedtobergps
    3 years ago

Congrats. You gave me courage to ignore all the posts over the years advising everything being gray and white. Many thanks.

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    3 years ago

Congrats! Very cool.

• njmomma
    3 years ago

Very Very Cool!

• Buehl
    3 years ago

Congratulations! You have a well-thought-out functional design!

(Now I need to go out and find a copy...do they sell the magazine in stores? Or, by subscription only?)

• smalloldhouse_gw
    3 years ago

Wow! What a tribute to a beautiful house and a lot of hard work!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

It's even better in real life; I've been there. Congratulations.

• cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I remember when you mentioned the photographer was coming ... it has been a long year!

That is an understatement! What's happening with your house?

Congrats. You gave me courage to ignore all the posts over the years advising everything being gray and white. Many thanks.

I'm so glad to hear that! Long after the gray fad has passed, our houses will still stand the test of time better for doing what we love.

(Now I need to go out and find a copy...do they sell the magazine in stores? Or, by subscription only?)

I think Barnes and Noble has it in their store. If not you can go to the Old House Journal website and get a copy or I believe even on Amazon once it's out in stores.

It's even better in real life; I've been there. Congratulations.

Thank you Joseph. Once covid is done with, I still owe you an ice cream and you'll have to come see it now that it's all furnished and decorated.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    3 years ago

As an old home lover myself.......I'm sooooo in awe, cpartist!!!!!

• jeri
    3 years ago

Hearty Congratulations! So exciting! I too will look for the magazine. :-)

• lyfia
    3 years ago

Congratulations!! How exciting to see and I feel like I virtually know a celebrity now ;).

Anyways that is really cool and thank you for sharing.

• K H
    3 years ago

That is so fabulous @cpartist you must be over the moon! Congratulations!

• michelspa
    3 years ago

Congratulations! Your attention to detail is second to none!

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3 years ago

Many, many congratulations, CP Artist! Your home is very special, and deserves all the kudos it's getting!!!

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    3 years ago

Congratulations! I followed the new build posts back when I was building. You have a beautiful home!

• lisainkc
    3 years ago

How cool is that!! How do you follow new build posts? We are going to start building in 2021 and would love to read what other people are doing.

• cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you again. I'm thrilled because I think they did a good job.

• Sam Biller
    3 years ago

That’s amazing. Congrats!

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

Recognition is so we’ll deserved! I’ll be visiting B&N to pick up a copy. Congrats!

• Love stone homes
    3 years ago

Wow, CP all that hard work, pain, effort along with extra-ordinary diligence is being rewarded. Thank you so much for sharing your journey, expertise and your gorgeous home. You have helped so many many folk on this forum and it is much appreciated. Congrats!

• mojomom
    3 years ago

Congratulations and well deserved! Beautiful home, honest to its roots but built for today’s living.

• nini804
    3 years ago

That is wonderful!! Congrats!

• cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you all again.

• Architectrunnerguy
    3 years ago

A nice conclusion to your long journey CP. And well deserved!

"People who build their own home tend to be very courageous. These people are curious about life. They're thinking about what it means to live in a house rather than just buying a commodity and making it work" Tom Kundig

• Sam A
    3 years ago

Congratulations!. I never heard of that magazine. I just went online and I am reading November 2020 issue. Setup auto checkout, so I can read the February 2021 issue. An eye opener to see such beautiful homes and design. Thanks for sharing and Congrats :)

cpartist thanked Sam A
  • Holly Stockley
    3 years ago

And since everyone enjoys a giggle at my expense:

I was quite delighted to find a.copy at Barnes and Noble. Bought it, got it home and...

Yep, you guessed it. Wrong mag. In fairness, this seemed like the right publication for Cap's house....

cpartist thanked Holly Stockley
  • opaone
    3 years ago

Congratulations! Lots of fun. Photos of our house occasionally turn up in various pubs and it is fun. Funniest was my mother-in-law sending a photo of a page to my wife saying that it looked kind of like our house and maybe we should have done what they did because it looks really good. :-)

cpartist thanked opaone
  • cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The magazine is on newsstands today!

• mjkjrobinson
    3 years ago

Awesome congratulations!

• kculbers
    3 years ago

Enjoy that house❣️Beautiful❣️

cpartist thanked kculbers
  • percyb
    3 years ago

The house is absolutely stunning. All your hard work really paid off. I especially admired all the stain glass work.

Just was curious ... did you purposely hung the artwork next to your bed vertically? The artist intended the piece be displayed horizontally.

Enjoy your new place!

cpartist thanked percyb
  • cpartist
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The silk Chinese artwork was hung to work with one on the other side of the bed. Since I don't read Chinese, I made an executive decision. :D