Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daria4035

Help with beige/warm neutral paint

Daria
3 years ago

Help! I’m trying to pick a paint for dining room and kitchen. So far I did one coat of Fog Mist by Benjamin Moore and it is too cold and sad to my taste. I’m trying to find something that will give fresh airy UPDATED and cozy look. Some modern beige/tan.
We are working here with:
Red Cherry floors, travertine kitchen floor and yellowish pinkish-I guess almond color kitchen cabinets. Can’t change any of them-only to paint walls is in my power🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m thinking Maritime White by BM, but afraid it will look too cold again. Also thinking Lambskin by BM, it’s lighter version of Muslin. I’m trying to find something with pink/orange undertones as it seems that green undertone makes red floors pop even more and yellow just clashes.
I’ve tried Manchester Tan before and it made everything look even more dated.
And I know white will work, but I really want something warm.

Here are pics of what I have and then pics of desired colors:

maritime white
lambskin

Comments (18)

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Here are some pictures of how I want paint too look/feel. More earthy, but still modern and airy

• monicapwalker
    3 years ago

Sherwin Williams Alabaster is a warm white that is very popular and goes with almost everything.

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for the advice! I saw it, but it seems like it has green/yellow undertone and that will bring even more attention to the floors, which I really don’t want

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I doubt it, the flipper who sold the house was a mmm....not a great person and didn’t want to give me any colors/brands names.
    But that is why I think maritime white-it seems close to the cabinets. It has warmth and hint of pink in it too.

• monicapwalker
    3 years ago

Daria Surprisingly Alabaster does not have yellow or green undertones. If you have instagram, you can go to the search bar and type in colors you are thinking about and you will get hundreds of photos using those colors.

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! I’m going to check it out more closely right now

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

K, so I went thru pics with Alabaster white on Instagram and I do agree-it’s a beautiful paint and it doesn’t look greenish at all, but I have two concerns about it. 1-it probably will make my kitchen cabinets even more yellow and dated. (If anything I would loooove to have cabinets in alabaster white!) And 2-I’m afraid it will look too cold and I want something more cozy and unquestionably warm-like any time of the day and no matter what light:)) I really crave for some warm depth in the dining room-basically like on pics I attached in the first comment

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Daria, I believe the last photo in your inspiration photos is B.M. Muslin. I recently used it for a client’s open floor plan and it is a winner. Here it is shown with Linen White trim.

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! Yes, it is Muslin, but I’m afraid it can look too dark and that’s why I considered Lambskin. Muslin lrv is ~68 and Lambskin is ~72. Would you say muslin is too dark for corridors or less light rooms? Also how do you think it will act with red floors?

• calidesign
    3 years ago

I think the Lambskin color may work. Paint a large sample on white poster board, and try it up against your cabinets, tile floors, and hardwood. You could also try BM Elmira White, which is a warm but more neutral color.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

try BM Swiss Coffee. it has more of the pink undertones that you want

also have them mix you up a sample at 75%. I saw it in a room and it looked great. (EM Henderson, I believe)

Ballet White is another (and also Marshmallow)

this one too.

also look into any of these. they lean more taupe, which will work w/your floors.

• SJ E
    3 years ago

Take your cabinet front to a paint store and have them color match it.

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@calidesign thank you for mentioning Elmira white-it looks yummy and I even wouldn’t call it white! @BethH I sampled Swiss Coffee before and it came up too cold, the same thing with Balboa Mist and Pale Oak-they all look about the same as what I have right now(Fog Mist). Feather down- is one on my “buy and try” list, I don’t know if it will look to muddy and not cheery( if that make sense🤷🏻‍♀️) so that’s why I paid attention to Maritime white-they’re very look like. And Ballet white is def something to consider, seems like a very popular color. Thank you. Because my cherry floors are so dark I feel like I can’t go completely white, need something more balanced

• Daria
    Original Author
    3 years ago

SJ E thanks for the idea

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

daria, I think maritime and ballet are twins!

Maritime:

• bettinavanderwoodsen
    2 years ago

Daria, have you chosen a color?

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

How about BM Wicker which is the same as BM Bone White?