Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_152579871

Lighting over island & peninsula in open concept with windows

Shmoo
3 years ago

I’m in a condo with an open kitchen into dining and living room opposite dining. Between my workspace and dining room is a peninsula where we will usually NOT be eating, it’s more for when we have guests.

Island is 51” x 55”, we have 2 stools at the 55” side. My cabinets are glossy white modern with soft gold ha does, while everything else is stainless. The gold is getting lost with all the silver,so I’m doing a backsplash tile that should bring it out a little.

I’d really like to be able to have a fixture with 2-3 lights over the island, that can be on without the ceiling pucks and provide enough light alone. The pucks are led and feel harsh/shadowy to me, so I’d prefer the fixture to be a bit more “daylight” ish.

should I have gold in the fixture? I waver between liking cool and funky linear stuff and warmer pendant-y look. For the peninsula, which will be lit only when we have company, I just want 2 decorative pendants that don’t overwhelm the view into the dining area. Beyond the dining space is a wall of floor to ceiling windows that looks out over the city and I don’t want to overwhelm that but will also need a modern-ish chandelier over the dining table. Doesn’t have to “match“ the kitchen but should be complementary, yes?

suggestions, ideas? Nothing is set in place so I don’t have pictures to share yet.

Comments (2)