I just updated the walls, rug and curtains. I need help choosing sofa

lao24
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Comments (14)

• lao24
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Should I get a sectional or separate pieces? I also would love a chaise chair?

• Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    3 years ago

I would get separate pieces. A couch and chair is much easier to decorate around. A chaise chair takes up a lot of room and is rarely used. If you had a gigantic room, I'd say maybe, but not in this space. I know you didn't ask about lighting but if I may, I'd like to comment. Lighting is often an after thought, but it adds a lot to the atmosphere of the room. A ceiling light doesn't do anyone any favors. Much better than a ceiling light is a table lamp or wall sconce at chest height in each corner.

• ashtonchic
    3 years ago

Separate pieces for sure. It looks like you have 2 couches now. Are you replacing both? We can't really see the whole room in those pictures. There may be a better layout. I would get a longer TV console.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 years ago

Hard to tell from the limited views of your photos, but are you sure the TV shouldn't be placed under the stair? Who wants to sit under your staircase???

• ashtonchic
    3 years ago

Here is a nice looking couch from Wayfair. With your adorable pup, I'm sure you want a dark color.

George Oliver Cudahy 83" Square Arm Sofa & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info

• Susan Davis
    3 years ago

I agree with Beverly, have the TV on a new closed low console and put it under staircase, then choose a TV viewing comfy sofa to place opposite it.....since every thing is beige in the room for an expanding neutral effect, please consider a color for your sofa that is not beige, greige, tan or grey.......think green, blue, coral.....

• lao24
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi everyone! Thank you for the great advice! I moved the TV now I would love some help in choosing my new sofas and or chairs. There is a step down into this room so it does little space and options. Thanks again!

• User
    3 years ago

This comes in about 40 colors

Apt2B Melrose Sofa, Thunder · More Info

Definitely get a chaise

Olympia Traditional Tufted Fabric Double Chaise, Navy Blue/Dark Espresso · More Info

Romance Faux-Fur Armless Chaise Lounger, Moondust/Boardwalk Brown · More Info

• User
    3 years ago

Maybe this sofa instead

Mercana Roy I Flint Gray Upholstered Three Seater Sofa 68710 · More Info

• User
    3 years ago

How about some butterflies or beetles for your room?

European Butterflies and Moths - Paper Poster 20" x 30" · More Info

Beetles: Buprestis Chrysis B. Sternicornis, et al. #1- Paper Poster 20" x 30" · More Info

• User
    3 years ago

Something a bit boho and colorful for your glass doors?

Boho Patch Window Curtains Set, 95"x45" · More Info

might be fun to use the new rug to make the room very comfy and bohemian so you can mix in with your new sofa a chaise, some poufs and a floor lamp without breaking the bank

Janet Boho Handcrafted Cube Pouf · More Info

Transitional Arched Floor Lamp, Barrel Shaped Lanterns, Antique Bronze · More Info

• User
    3 years ago

Ok, final thoughts

a 3 seater on the wall opposite the tv, with the seat closest to the glass doors a chaise, and a smallish swivel chair for conversation and tv watching

Mid-Century Modern Sadie Gray Sectional Sofa (Left Chaise) · More Info

Soma Velvet Swivel Armchair, Gray · More Info

With fun pillows

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    3 years ago

Here are a few furniture ideas from designs of ours. Note the sofa and the chairs.

Downtown Denver Condo · More Info

Cherry Hills Residence: Living Room · More Info

St Paul Modern Luxury: Living Room · More Info