Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

Best place to buy interior doorknobs?

nhb22
3 years ago

My contractor is leaving the interior door knob purchasing up to us. He recommends 3 hardware producers for our budget Emtek, Schlage, and Kwikset. Where is the best place to buy?

Comments (9)

• CYNTHIA JONES
    3 years ago

We used Emtek in our house and are happy with that decision (a mix of Milano levers and Waverly knobs all with rectangular rosettes in oil rubbed bronze). Very solid, lots of options. I purchased from Simpson's hardware- simpsomshardware.com - they had the best price at the time on the particular units I bought.

• chispa
    3 years ago

@nhb22, doesn't your builder have an account with a supplier that might give him better pricing? Sometimes internet prices can't be beat, but a local store might be willing to price match. I would rather give the business to a local brick and mortar store.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Lowe's doesn't carry the brands. The other place where we have purchased most of our materials is from Builders First Source. I looked on their website and cannot find anything having to do with knobs. Ferguson carries some, but they are really behind getting things in.

CYNTHIA JONES - I have been looking at Simpsoms. Good to know that you have used them.

Thank you both!

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    3 years ago

build dot com

• nhb22
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Build.com is Ferguson.

Build.com is an online home improvement retailer and subsidiary of Ferguson

• millworkman
    3 years ago

No it is a division of Ferguson, not the same as. They may be having delays in material but that is common place these days. They are a huge supplier of door hardware and I am sure that they would have something that meet your criteria and budget.

• PRO
    3 years ago

These brands can be purchased almost anywhere. I use build dot com as their site is easily organized, we have a dedicated account manager, they have more product knowledge than most, direct experience with the manufacturers with the brands they sell, Their plumbing search engine sorts for California legal, by brand, series, color, etc. Take it for granted elsewhere and burn many extra hours. The entire supply chain is blowing up now with delay. Select and order early. Be prepared to substitute.

• nhb22
    Original Author
    3 years ago

millworkman - Sorry, I got that quote off of the Internet.

Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor - If I buy directly off of build dot com, I will not get my Ferguson discount. Will I get things faster? Besides all of our plumbing and appliances, I have ordered a few small things, from the builder website, through my rep at Ferguson and they have not come in after months! The build dot com website says the items are in stock and ready to ship, yet Ferguson has not received the items.

BTW - My appliances are all in, but some of the plumbing isn't.

• PRO
    3 years ago

"Discount?" Do tell. There are also price layers w online vendors. Public vs pro. The big "A" will game you and is not always competitive.

Pro advantages w Ferguson is in person support, billing at delivery and holding in the warehouse until needed. If you get a discount so much the better.

My online experience is we get an update within a few days as to "real" shipping times and sometimes make a new decision at that time. Its a moving target now if you haven't heard. Ports backed up, canal blocked for a week, factories unable to hire people, etc.

Let me add that this vendor has significant buying power.