Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
v_oj

Help with kitchen layout needed!!

V O
2 years ago

Hi everyone, I've gotten a lot of help from reading past discussions and finally have a question of my own! I'm in the process of redoing my kitchen and wanted to see if anyone has some advice on how to improve the layout. This is a two apartment home and both floors share the same layout, with neither kitchen being redone in over twenty years. The picture included is a rough sketch but the proportions are accurate. The dishwasher is located between the range and sink. The unlabeled corner is a breakfast nook where I currently have a table and chairs for four. I would prefer to keep that open if possible, but I am open to whatever configuration makes better use of the kitchen.

The walls labeled are:

A- 15'

B- 8'8"

C- 7'7"

The lower cabinets on wall C would be 24" depth x 36" length. My GC also offered to install upper cabinets in the same space (12" depth x36" length) but I worry that will not give me much usable counter space.

My current kitchen is what is labeled on walls A and B. On wall C I have a dresser (18" depth x 30" length) which I hope to replace with cabinets. In the sketch attached is a block of lower cabinets (24" depth x 36" length).

One alternative layout I had thought of is to move my fridge to wall C, surrounded by cabinets to look like a built in. Then put the dishwasher where fridge is on wall B.

Comments (3)