Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_80806104631

Suggestion for pavers

A N
2 years ago

I redid my whole house, pretty much ended up building a new home.
Looking for any suggestions for the landscaping and pavers from color to pattern etc stucco color that matches this blue? If anyone has pictures that would be helpful!

For now the plan is to do a blacktop for the long driveway with a border (1 brick border) Herringbone Pavers next to it so we can park the second car, tree will stay we will enclose it with a circle and paver walkway with some pants between paver driveway and walkway. And flower beds next to the entry

Not sure which color for the pavers. Any suggestions critique are welcomed!

Comments (20)

• Danny S
    2 years ago

What color/brand of siding? Looks great

• houssaon
    2 years ago

Great windows. How about Belgium block pavers. Or red brick.

This paver will blend with black top.

Front Yard Curb Appeal - Huntingtown · More Info

This is a classic look.

Cambridge Pavers · More Info

• shirlpp
    2 years ago

Bluestone.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

Don't forget the trees will need water and if all the yard is blacktop and pavers the trees will die.

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yeah we are doing bluestone for the stairs. But not sure about pavers I do think a red tone will look good… my husband liked the brighter red (right) and I liked the dull (left)

The siding is Gentek sequoia, marine dusk

• decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago

I don't have any suggestions for your specific paver question, but you asked for other critique, so I do question all the busy-ness going on at the entry. Consider supporting the roof with brackets, and painting the corner trim to match the siding. The eye is confused right now by all the white vertical elements around the front door area and above it. The eave returns lead one to expect some kind of column under them, but there's just a skinny white corner trim piece, as far as I can see. In fact, I would paint all the vertical corner trim to match the siding so the box of your home is not outlined or attention called to it. I would also paint the trim around the basement windows so they don't pop out as an element of your more classic facade. If you need the light from them in the area downstairs you'll want to be judicious about what you plant in those proposed beds.

Bracket Porticos · More Info

• Laura Hill
    2 years ago

Consider looking into permeable pavers to help allow sufficient water to reach your tree roots.

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@decorenthusiaste that’s a great suggestion!
    We were suppose to have columns there but since it was purely decor we will delay it for now and add it at Later point.
    Even the gutters were a bit messed up so we will fix that piece at the end…

These are great points! Thank you so much!

• Therese N
    2 years ago

that blue blend in the lower right corner

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Interesting!! I like this a lot! Which software did you use to create the picture

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Grey pavers are classic and go with just about any colored home❣️

• One Devoted Dame
    2 years ago

Don't forget the trees will need water and if all the yard is blacktop and pavers the trees will die.

My first thought was similar... "Be very careful putting a circle of anything that isn't vegetation around trees!"

From Gardening Know How:

Most gardeners make a mistake of building a raised bed around the base of the tree in an attempt to create better soil for the flowers. Unfortunately, when doing this they can harm or even kill the tree. Most all trees have surface roots that require oxygen to survive. When compost, soil, and mulch are piled up thick around a tree, it suffocates the roots and allows no oxygen to get to them. This can also cause the roots and lower trunk of the tree to decay. Although you will have a nice flower bed, in a few years the tree will be nearly dead.

Be careful. <3

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you to everyone who commented! Here's an update ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• kculbers
    2 years ago

Nice choice; looks wonderful!

• shirlpp
    2 years ago

To keep the weeds to an absolute minimum - seal them with a matte finish(not unless you like glossy).

I sealed most of my patio and it is a marked difference between that and the unsealed.

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Is there a specific one? I wonder if the guy who installed did that already?

• Butler
    2 years ago

You should match the steps and you should have a path to the driveway if you plan on entering the front door after getting out of your car. Although some people choose to enter their home by side door or garage.

• shirlpp
    2 years ago

This is the one that I used.

• A N
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Great thanks so much for sharing