Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_29068705

Oh my… quadruple the recipe ♀️

User
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So DD is arriving tomorrow with the grands 4 and 2. They love pizza!! I stirred up sourdough crust last night and am baking them this afternoon. Made a big creamy mac n cheese as well.

Will top 2 of the pizzas and just prebake 2 and freeze those. Wanna know a secret for the best way to reheat pizza???? I read it a few months ago somewhere on a blogger site. Place on really low heat in an iron skillet and cover. Let it get melty HOT but watch it doesn’t burn… I use a simmer plate under the skillet. . Its amazing! Bottom of crust crisps and the top stays cheesy moist. If you don’t have an iron skillet I have used a nonstick and it worked great as well.

Comments (16)

• Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

Oh, yum! May I come over to share?

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • Bunny
    2 years ago

Trail, that's how I reheat pizza too! Works great.

User thanked Bunny
  • Tina Marie
    2 years ago

What fun you are going to have and good eats too!

User thanked Tina Marie
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

Look at those cuties!😍

Mmm, the crusts look amazing.

Have a great visit!

User thanked Jilly
  • tuesday_2008
    2 years ago

Quick question…..i keep sour dough starter that is made with instant potato flakes. I know it is not the same as the kind you have, but we love the sweet, yeasty taste for bread. Will that type of starter make decent pizza crust???

Speaking of reheating pizza, I oil a large piece of heavy duty tin foil and loosely wrap it around the top. The crust stays crusty and toppings don‘t dry out.

User thanked tuesday_2008
  • Oakley
    2 years ago

Thank you for posting that C, I'm not crazy afterall. Someone else here eats like ME. lol

Those mushrooms look to be the proper way of doing them. Perfect!

Just make sure you know in advance what the kids want on their pizza. :)

User thanked Oakley
  • Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

@User, those are two little cuties, but I think I can fight them off long enough to eat at least one slice.

User thanked Fun2BHere
  • Kswl
    2 years ago

Darling children C, but they look like they might be eating a little too much pizza. I can take that problem off your hands (or your plate), just text the coordinates 😁

User thanked Kswl
  • User
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@tuesday_2008 I don’t know because I have three different starters and the one in my pizza dough is my raisin Yeast Water but if it raises bread give it a try! You may end up with more of a focaccia type dough , thicker with toppings but who’s going to complain?!

@Fun2BHere haha you are welcome to try! Vivienne ate a WHOLE 10 oz steak the other night on her girls night out with her Mom… and a brownie sundae with bacon ice cream . Viv is the exact same birthday as Emmett , Robo’s son.. 4!!!

@Kswl good luck!! they run it off in no time!

😂😂😳😳

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Such adorable littles. They will love this pizza so much they will be spoiled for life! That is a good thing in my book! Thou shall eat no bad food.

User thanked OutsidePlaying
  • nekotish
    2 years ago

Such adorable taste testers! Air fryers are also great for heating up leftover pizza...

User thanked nekotish
  • User
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Just finished facetiming with them. Arrival 6 pm Roanoke airport tomorrow so we have one more quiet evening LOL. Wouldn’t trade them for the world.

Thanks everyone. c

• texanjana
    2 years ago

Yum! Enjoy your visit with those cuties!

User thanked texanjana
  • l pinkmountain
    2 years ago

I have had pizza with a potato crust, so at least from a flavor standpoint, it would be delish. I love sourdough pizza crust, it looks so yum! Have fund lovin' up on those grandbabies!!

User thanked l pinkmountain
  • lizzie_grow
    2 years ago

Have so much fun with those cuties, Trail, & savor this quiet evening...:)

User thanked lizzie_grow
  • nini804
    2 years ago

What darlings! Enjoy every minute😊

User thanked nini804
Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living