Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieann_wood

HELP W BATHROOM ACCESSORIES

Laney
last year

I'm doing a small powderoom and I'm not sure which accessories to put up ? I have a mixed metal light that has ( PN , Black & Gold ) in it w a Polished nickel faucet. I plan on doing a "gold " mirror ( preferably) ? I wanted to try to get black w gold in there to match light ? I was thinking I'd either do all blk accessories w a " gold mirror " or All gold w a "black" mirror ? Or maybe I can mix them up and do a "black" towel ring ( to the left wall on side of sink ) w the "gold" mirror , &" black" towel rod (to the right) & "gold " toilet paper holder or the "black " toilet holder , "gold" towel bars & " black " mirror? I know its a small bathroom and usually just 1 or 2 metals are used but im wondering if all 3 could work ? Do bathroom accessories all have to match ( towel racks , rod & toilet paper holder or can u mix those metals too? I attached pics of the light up w all the accessories. I want to wallpaper but not sure when I'll be able to do that & might keep paint color same for now or I'd like it maybe a bit darker ?

Comments (10)

• btydrvn
    last year

A slightly darker gray accent wall …would be interesting..(behind the sink)…adding a new but not distracting element

• btydrvn
    last year

Also ..in a guest bath smallish towel racks are more in scale with the size of the,room

• KW PNW Z8
    last year

I agree - wouldn’t mix metals in a small space any room. Runs the risk of looking like using whatever was on sale or closeout. The other thing I wouldn’t do is put up a big towel bar like that. It’s a powder room - no need for bath towels. Save the wall space for fantastic art to make the powder room a glam space. Use a towel ring or hook mounted to right of your sink.

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@Design Girl I had to start a new post for this topic...it was too long ! Here's a few pics of the accessories I was telling you.

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@btydrvn Thank you that sounds like a good idea

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@KW PNW Z8 Yes I just thought that the longer one made the wall look larger?  But I do know exactly what your saying! I actually do art & was thinking of using a really big size canvas on that wall ? Ty Now what color?

• KW PNW Z8
    last year

@Laney Adding a towel bar doesn’t make a wall look longer - it’ll just restrict the size of art you can hang on wall. What color? Many / any!! You have a blank slate there with flooring & wall colors. I would hang art on the wall you face on entering the room. This way it’ll be seen when door is open. What’s your favorite color? What’s your theme in the rooms outside this powder room? If your art will have a frame, think silver like the fixtures - what does the mirror you’ll have over sink look like? Cruise through large canvas art sections at stores like Home Goods, Marshall’s etc. You’ll find lots to choose from at reasonable prices.

• Laney
    Original Author
    last year

@KW PNW  I thought it did but now looking back i realized I don't need one that long ? Also I was trying to say what color " finish"  for a toiletpaper holder& rod?, but  I just ordered a smaller one to try. Its blk rod w gold on ends i thought it matched the light ? Its much smaller only 16in. n maybe do a black mirror?  Sorry for the miscommunication!

I do agree art would work to add in the colors that I'm looking for & should be hung on the larger wall too !   Thank you for all the good ideas !

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    11 months ago

Below are three different powder rooms we have done for our clients. You might notice the mirror, lighting, faucets, and hand towels rings. Notice how we have mixed metals and mixed textures. It might be a thrilling idea too to look into a wallpaper or painting the walls some darker colors. Please take a moment to look through the designs:

New Build: Powder Room 1 · More Info

Transitional Home: Powder Room · More Info

Charming Cottage: Powder Room · More Info