Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
billy_tucker62

Best appliance brands to add value to your home...

Billy Tucker
11 months ago

I'd love to rank Kitchen Appliance Brands to see if premium and super premium brands add resale value to your home.

Brands are represented by their most expensive 60cm Oven and its dollar value (in Australian Dollars)

Which brand adds value that is disproportionate to the price premium?

Miele ($9,699)
NEFF ($5,599)
AEG ($4,699)
SIEMENS ($4,558)
V-ZUG ($7,760)
WOLF ($8,495)
GAGGENAU ($10,999)
SMEG ($7,191)

Comments (10)

• cpartist
    11 months ago

What Lomo said.

• Otter Play
    11 months ago

In my area, it truly dies not matter. When sold, a house it is either gutted and remodeled, or demolished. If your area is like mine, put it what pleases you. It’s the dirt under the house that buyers want here.

• worthy
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

[In Imperial, that's a 24" stove; Aus $ is roughly US66¢]

So Bosch doesn't even make the grade down under.

One of our builds with only Thermador, which was defective from day one, and KitchenAid, has fetched multi-million dollar price tags since 2010.

Conventional wisdom says marketing a new higher-end build requires SZ and Wolf. And lately even Gaggenau, as below. But even though the home sold for C$6.45m in Sept. '21, we figure the builders took a beating.

Luxe home, luxe appliances. (Thornhill, Ontario)

• dadoes
    11 months ago

I would never buy any of those brands. They're all on the fringes of the availability radar in my area of the U.S. and service would surely be a nightmare.

• dan1888
    11 months ago

The high-end brands are a lot more limited in number of units sold. That means you need to check on reliability and service. Each different appliance should be evaluated on its own.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    11 months ago

I don't know what it's like in the Aus market, but here they wouldn't add any value to the resale price just by virtue of their name. At least, for people who cook......I can see that people who want a show kitchen might look for a high-end name but - since my kitchens will always be for use, not fashion - I don't know what fancy names are fancier.

• Kendrah
    11 months ago

I'm in the US so a lot of those brands don't mean much to me. Put "SubZero fridge" in a real estate listing here people automatically associate the home with luxury.

• 3katz4me
    11 months ago

Agree with what others have said. I will say that I'm looking to buy a home and I don't care about high end but I do notice if the appliances are low end brands like Frigidaire and Whirlpool. I bought a house that has a SZ fridge and I do like it so based on my personal experience one of those would be a plus. What is a real negative is a gigantic gas range or rangetop as I want induction and retrofitting those would be a PITA.

• jewelisfabulous
    11 months ago

I recently toured a house asking a premium price for the neighborhood that had GE Profile appliances. I mentioned to my friend touring it with me that I expected better given the listing price (which was based on the house having a lot of really nice amenities and finishes). Those GE Profile appliances would have been perfectly suited for pretty much any other home in that neighborhood, though.

• Zachary Block
    11 months ago

I like the cafe white line