Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elowenstein

Chandelier above dining room table.

elowenstein
10 years ago
I am remodeling our first floor. I will have satin nickel pendants in the kitchen (transitional) and will be able to see the dining room from the kitchen. I have a very formal dining room set - Queen Anne style. What type of chandelier should I purchase for above the dining table and what finish (ex bronze, satin nickel etc)?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    User
    10 years ago
    Hello elownstein,

Pictures are always helpful, but here are a few thoughts.... Champagne might be the way to go.... not a strong metal color alone, but one that will slide well from your formal QA dining into your transitional kitchen stained nickel..... see if anything might work:

Sheer Champagne Shade Chandelier · More Info

Nanti Three-Light Champagne Silver Chandelier · More Info

Arteriors Home Devon Chandelier · More Info

OR something off the traditional path with very few metal accents:

Southampton Chandelier · More Info

Elena Wood Bead Chandelier · More Info

Currey & Company Grotto Shell Chandelier, Large · More Info

Best of luck with your decorating and please let us know if we can be of any assistance,

Elizabeth Cabell, ASID, CID
    Cabell Design Studio
    elowenstein thanked User
  • dclostboy
    10 years ago
    If going formal, crystal with chrome accents would work
    elowenstein thanked dclostboy
  • indianpatti
    10 years ago
    Try Overstock.com ... very reasonable prices on beautiful chandeliers.

This one is $144.99 +4.95 shipping

Would suggest something more suited to your space if you posted a picture.
    elowenstein thanked indianpatti
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 years ago
    Hi elowenstein!

I agree w the others - pictures of your space would be very helpful!

Wonderful suggestions so far.

~Lyvonne
  • elowenstein
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I really wish I could give you a picture but my whole first floor is under construction. It is a shell for now till the patio hinge doors come. The thing is that I have to have the light fixtures ordered before the electrician comes. Not exactly sure when that is going to be and don't want to hold up the project. That said - I will describe the space. It is a rectangular room with a bay window on the right and an opening to the living room to the left. You walk into the dining room from the kitchen. The room is apx 10' x 11.5 not including the bay window that is 2 feet deep. Looking into the dining room from the kitchen the bay is on the right and the living room is on the left. We will have natural oak hard wood throughout because the kitchen cabinets are a medium cherry and want some contrast but don't want dark floors - for dust and because we want a light feel - not too dark. We have an oval table and a large breakfront that sits on the long wall opposite the entry from the kitchen to the dining room. The dining room is queen anne/federal style as are the wood furniture pieces in the living room. There will be shadow boxing up to chair rail and that will be painted white and above will be SW 0031 Dutch Tile Blue. Does this help a little? Thank you so much for all your suggestions!!!