Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_279873274

Ideal Pantry Size?

Kathleen Spero
25 days ago

I love the idea of a large kitchen pantry, but in a medium sized kitchen is a 30” pantry too large? Does anyone regret a pantry of this size that requires 2 doors to open? I’m in and out of it so often I think I may want something I can open with 1 hand. Am I overthinking this?

Comments (3)

• AnnKH
    25 days ago

Your pantry might need to be a lot bigger or a lot smaller than mine. What will you store there? Stock up items from Costco? Lots of small appliances? Supplies for a week-long blizzard? Or do you shop twice a week and use mostly fresh food?

Take a careful and honest assessment of what will go in the pantry (which means a careful storage plan for the rest of the kitchen as well).

• RoyHobbs
    24 days ago

I assume the 30” is tge width? What is the depth? Thats just as important. E.g., are there going to be shallow shelves, or are you going to have deeper shelves to hold a mixer, or ice cream machine, or microwave? I agree with the previous comment asking what are you going to put in your pantry? Our pantry has the usual canned and dry goods. But we also have the dog food and a couple small appliances in there so it’s deeper than what would be needed if just for the canned and dry goods.

• HU-910663146
    23 days ago

Pantries are great. People who sell cabinets are probably the only ones who argue against large pantries.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner