Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saggidiana

Need help with master bath look for new construction home

saggidiana
10 years ago
Hello everyone !
We like this Florim USA tile (grey) for the master bath floor.Sink,bath tub and toilets will be white .Cabinetry choice is espresso finish.

Need help with selecting the listellos to complement the gray without making it look dull and dreary . We liked a particular black tile for the listello ,but again its tough to decide without seeing the whole picture.

Really appreciate any good tips to achieve the contemporary look for our master bath .

Comments (30)

• PRO
    Italian Interiors
    10 years ago
    I'm not convinced black is the right choice to go with espresso and light grey. In a small area you have now introduced black/white/brown/grey with no real marriage between any of the two. Take a sample of you cabinet finish and tile and look at them together with your other options. That is the best way to choose the right one so you can see how they work together.
  • saggidiana
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank You for your inputs. White may be a better choice to complement the grey tile.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Yes white or even a gray. The black looks too retro.
  • PRO
    Riddle Construction & Design
    10 years ago
    I would not pair that liner with the grey tile. They do nothing to compliment each other. Try something with more life to it, a blend perhaps of different colors incorporating the grey.
  • User
    10 years ago
    We have pretty much the same tile (maybe it is the same) paired with marble.
  • saggidiana
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I was also recommended a combination of royal blue , black white mosaic and glass tiles to brighten the space . Now these will border the mirror , run through the walls ,perhaps and around the soaking tub and also the floor of the stand in shower. I want to make sure I am making it look contemporary. Feeling overwhelmed at this point!
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    I wonder if a smaller mosaic with complimentary colors would look nice as a accent? I would recommend the glass iridescent tiles but someone on Houzz just had a bad install of these so be sure to read all info. Gray and white iridescent would look nice tho and still be neutral enough to go with trendy colors for towels etc.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    http://houzz.com/photos/97390
    Sample with white tile
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Is this a representation of your tile? Trying to get overall look.
  • PRO
    DirectBuy of Fort Worth
    10 years ago
    Arizona tile has the really nice glass and stone mosaic called lunar melange. It has an iridescent pc that picks up so many great colors.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Is your tile called Stratos in the Florim brand?
  • saggidiana
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes that bathroom looks like an exact match.
  • saggidiana
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Florim Layers sediment
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    If you look it up on Houzz for overall pictures they seem to use it exclusively and it gives a very modern streamlined look. I do think the iridescent mosaic would look nice as an accent.
    Do you have a tile store nearby to go match up tiles?
  • saggidiana
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    sharpkl , the CAMERON MODEL HOME is what i had in mind wehn i picked the black accent tile.It does look prettier with the brown tile tho
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    To tell you the truth I thought it was gray. Yours would have the same look if you pick similar coordinating mosaic.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    I also like the fact you are not locked into a color scheme for such a long lasting item. The grays can go in most any direction for other accessories.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    It's funny, because 30 yrs ago I went neutral in the bathrooms and floors. My neighbors chose colorful Spanish tiles. Theirs was dated very quickly and I was able to keep mine til I needed to remodel. I just changed towels and accessories as the trends changed.
  • valialata
    10 years ago
    there are also frosted glass tiles available to give it a sophisticated and clean look
  • PRO
    Catherine Belan
    10 years ago
    Dal-tile has a series from Voguebay in grey colors (I think the color series is "Magic") and offers several different glass mosaic patterns. Really good looking; add a touch of class but allows you the option to change accent colors
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    What pattern will you use in the gray?

I would copy the picture which sharpki posted and use only the gray tile in just this size and install pattern.
    Pacific Heights Mediterranean · More Info
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    or

Highland Arabian Carrera Border · More Info
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Since they are large tiles and you are installing in brick pattern be sure to ask installer if they will be level. There was a post from someone that had a bad install and it was not recommended they be brick style pattern. I hate to be negative but better to find out before rather than after.
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    Here's a link to the problem I was trying to explain. They may not have had a good installer.
    http://houzz.com/discussions/636405