Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelife713

What goes with purple!!??

lovelife713
10 years ago
I have this great eggplant/dark purple reading chair that I adore. We've recently moved and our new bedroom in long, so I put the purple chair at the end in a corner as a reading nook. But now I have no idea what colors for curtains, bed sheets, rug, art, etc. to go with it. Since it's in our bedroom I want it to look stylish yet relaxing. Plus I need it to look good with the honey wood color of our furniture. Any ideas???

Comments (16)

• karemore55
    10 years ago
    Hello there! You could also go with gold and purple - very sophisticated! And I think it would look nice with the yellow tones of your dressers.

I put together a collage showing one possible way that you could combine the two colors in your room. The bedding set is from West Elm. The art is from Crate & Barrel. I like the idea of using warm golds, and doing layers of this beautiful color using different textures, such as in the warm brass of the lamps,the shiny metallic of the West Elm curtains and the softness of the faux fur pillow.

For the chair corner, you could have a floor lamp and a small side table, as well as that fuzzy little pillow.

Hope you enjoy the pics and can use some of the ideas here!
  • PRO
    Essentia Interior Design
    10 years ago
    I think Grey looks great with purple, as does turquoise or aqua and lemon! Nice crisp white sheets and colour in lamps bed cover and cushions! I love sheer white curtains and maybe a soft mauve blind!
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    10 years ago
    Another colour that looks wonderful is a linen colour, it just seems to soften the purple. However not sure it would work with your honey wood, try with a sweater or scarf first.
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    Purple and green look beautiful together. If you want to take it up a notch you could go with purple and chartreuse.
    People's Choice Award - Best Master Suite · More Info
  • orangecamera
    10 years ago
    Take inspiration from nature. I would use mainly white, with most accents in purple, with a little orange and green for "pop". For example, use pure white bedding, but add an orange & white throw to the chair, and some green & white pillows for the bed. Anchor the bed with a nice purple & white patterned area rug. Choose orange and/or green for curtains, even more bed pillows, lampshades, etc.
  • inkwitch
    10 years ago
    According to another post, that is actually aubergine (eggplant) and seriously rich. What a terrific chair! I don't blame you for wanting to incorporate it somewhere. Surprisingly, the color goes with a lot: lime, turquoise, gray, yellow, gold, olive, silver (oh,my!) and that's just the obvious.

This little vignette would look terrific paired with a small metal chest or table, a floor lamp and a smallish footstool. Instant reading niche. Background it with a terrific wall color -- don't rush. Take your time. Test out some colors before committing -- it would be easy to get it wrong!
  • inkwitch
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Amoroso Design · More Info

Master Bedroom · More Info

Transitional Living Room · More Info
  • lovelife713
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    You all are wonderful!!! Thank you so much for the fantastic recommendations!!
  • armipeg
    10 years ago
    Any shad of Lavender is relaxing and never gets boring.
  • yoboseiyo
    10 years ago
    oooh, a pretty grey with some nice chartreuse accents! :D
  • PRO
    APM architecture
    10 years ago
    grays or taupes go well with purple. don't try to match it. Just add a couple of accessories in the room to bring it together, a couple of cushions with purple accent on the bed, or a purple vase on a dresser. look at these photos, the window treatments are a neutral, but look nice with purple.
  • PRO
    APM architecture
    10 years ago
    another one
  • lovelife713
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Absolutely beautiful! You all have given me hope! :)
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    With a little $$$ any dilemma can be solved!
  • Momof5x
    10 years ago
    I added lime green, really stunning!