Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jac57

Stuck with bath tub color I don't like--help!

JAC Frances
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Making decisions when there's been catastrophic damage is different from planning out a remodel. My dilemma came when trying to work around the color of tub and vanity sinks recently.

The color pallet right now is sandy colored ceramic tiles on floors, around tub, shower steps and vanity. Beadboard is a light creamy white, walls have primer on them. Cabinets to be painted to (probably) match beadboard.

The color of the bath tub (probably faded from age) is a yellow-tan color, which is throwing everything off. I'd love to paint the walls a calming blue, hang "beachy" pics behind tub picking up the color pallet.

The other consideration is to paint the walls using color washing or ragging incorporating the yellow-tan as background peeking through, then adding a sand and white over that. It would accomplish three things: brings a bit of texture to the upper walls while bringing in (slightly) the color of the tub & vanity sinks and hides some of the minor (but noticeable) damage to two walls that no amount of patching can repair adequately.

The color pallet of my home is very natural: sand, white, coral, medium-light blue and taupe.

Would appreciate suggestions, helpful pictures, etc.

Comments (12)