Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pink_peony

Stacked Cabinets & Hardware Choices

pink_peony
6 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I need to finalize my hardware choices for my new build. In my kitchen I have chosen a white shaker double stacked cabinet. I don't have a picture as they haven't been installed yet. The stacked cabinet door will have a single glass front. The hardware will be polished Nickel. I am considering putting the glass knobs on the upper stacked cabinet doors and the handles on the upper cabinet doors. Then handles on lower cabinet drawers and doors. I can't decide if this will look odd. I was hoping to go to the house and try out different options once cabinets are installed but my builder is telling me these should have been ordered weeks ago and I need to make a choice NOW. I really love the glass knobs and would like to incorporate them.

New Home · More Info

New Home · More Info

Comments (8.4K)

• Molly
    2 years ago

@nidnay here are the gnomes I saw. Truffles or cherries. Aren’t they cute.

• Nidnay
    2 years ago

Adorable….and YUM!

• Molly
    2 years ago

I agree, yum! Here are other options that are adorable too.

• Nidnay
    2 years ago

Now I’m in the mood for chocolate!

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@zazfuzzroc thank you! i ended uo finding 3. crazy one was $34.99 and the other two $39.99. i mentioned this to the check out gal at Homegoods and she said pricing at their stores is dependent on location. not that i minfef paying $39.99 mind you, still a deal but these stires were within 10 miles of each other.

in other news our sweet Georgia has gained a lot of her hearing back. not all but she is doing so much better! the vet determined it was a one dose ear infection medicine sbe was given. Georgia is now part of a control group for Bayer. so far only 1% of dogs have had this reaction to this med. in this 1% many have gotten their hesring back within 6 weeks.

i am thrilled to have today and tomorrow and friday off!!!! well fingers crossed it stays that way! i have to finish up my christmas shopping!

@Molly those chocolates are too cute to eat!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

• Theresa Janssen
    2 years ago

Such good news about your puppy.

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes i am feeling such relief she is recovering. it was truly heart breaking. thank you @Theresa Janssen

• zazfuzzroc
    2 years ago

Merry Christmas Pink! Such great news about your puppy, so glad to hear that. :)

Enjoy your days off, I hope your shopping goes well.

That's crazy about the stools, I'm surprised they didn't do a price adjustment for you...especially with the stores being so close. I'm glad you ended up finding them though.

Now I'm wondering how much I paid for the ones I bought? I bought them fairly early, so I don't remember.

pink_peony thanked zazfuzzroc
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you!

this is the first year ever i thinn my christmas decor (or lack of it compared to years past) didnt go up dayvafter thanksgiving. didnt go up the next weekend eitber. didnt go up afyer that either. today i actually threw some touches on what ive been trhing to do for a month but had no time. nothing new just used items ive had for ever. except for tbe cute $3 trees from target. Feeling a bit merrier today! have let all calls fo to my voicemail!

• zazfuzzroc
    2 years ago

Beautiful Pink!! Really pretty... 😍

• Theresa Janssen
    2 years ago

Love how you displayed your target $3 trees in the pots.  Love that you love blue in everything you design.

pink_peony thanked Theresa Janssen
  • Molly
    2 years ago

Pretty! Merry Christmas to you and your family Pink!

pink_peony thanked Molly
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

FINALLY received my tile samples and happy to say I LOVE them. It only took three plus years but hey I think I still have @Nidnay beat! LOL!

online the shoe them with the ”stripe” vertical but i like them horizontally mich better

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That should have read ”they show them” and ”much better”

• zazfuzzroc
    2 years ago

LOL Pink, on Nidnay... ha ha (Hi Nidnay.. 😘 laughing with love)

But hey, you both have gorgeous homes... tiles or not! 😍

• patrcia48
    2 years ago

pink-peony...I love love love them! Happy & healthy new year.

pink_peony thanked patrcia48
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    2 years ago

Oh yes! Worth the wait! Going to be stunning!

pink_peony thanked Flo Mangan
  • Nidnay
    2 years ago

@pink_peony…Haha….you only beat me if you get it installed before I do! I really like those….maybe I’ll just copy you and do the same!

@zazfuzzroc…haha…..I feel the love :)

Just getting over Covid here (day 10). What a strange sickness. I never get sick (flu), so have nothing to compare it to, but this flattened me! I’m finally on the upswing.

pink_peony thanked Nidnay
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Nidnay, right? same thing. it was unlike any flu or sickness I've ever had. And I don't get the flu either (prob been over 20 years or so). Just extreme fatigue is all I can say. Glad you're on the mend.

Pink, I like your tiles!

pink_peony thanked Beth H. :
  • ladma
    2 years ago

Beth, and Nidnay, glad to hear you are feeling better. Pink, I think you made a good choice, but I like most of your visions.

pink_peony thanked ladma
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oh @Nidnay and @Beth H. : im so sorry you got it! both ky kids are quaranting currently and awaiting test results. both their room mates have it. hope youre on the mend.

• Molly
    2 years ago

Looks great, are you going with white grout? Nidnay and Beth sorry your holidays were ruined by this darned virus! I’m glad you are on the mend. Nidnay did you get tile for the scullery, you had hinted you might.

pink_peony thanked Molly
  • zazfuzzroc
    2 years ago

@Nidnay, lol ... I can't toss stones, I take forever and a day to decide things. I am sure whenever you decide, it will be beautiful.

And ...Pink, I totally forgot to say... I absolutely love the tiles, can't wait to see them installed. I like them horizontally too.

Sorry for all who are sick, hope all of you feel better soon...

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes @Molly white grout! this time they will do the wrong color LOL!

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    2 years ago

Pink I wondered if that was your backsplash tile you had on your IG and now I know! I think it’ll look fantastic.

pink_peony thanked Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
  • salonva
    2 years ago

That tile in that setting is perfection.

pink_peony thanked salonva
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

For all of those who were here from the beginning…….its finally happebing

tomorrow they will seal the marble and then grout.

• zazfuzzroc
    last year

Yay.!!!..not here from the beginning, but still excited for you! 😊 Looking forward to the progress shots. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    last year

Beautiful choice, btw. :)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    last year

wow! I love it so far!!

• patrcia48
    last year

pink-peony ! It is beautiful. I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't been on here as much. Not like when we were doing nidnay's new build and your new home. Fun times. Dingleberries all around ! :)

• Nidnay
    last year

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

• Molly
    last year

Looks great so far! What color did you choose for grout?

pink_peony thanked Molly
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

Artic White grout Molly.

• patrcia48
    last year

Absolutely beautiful! I love your bar stools, too:)

• suzyq53
    last year

Oh Pink - It was worth waiting for. It looks awesome. You've done a fabulous job. Enjoy!

pink_peony thanked suzyq53
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    last year

love that kitchen Pink! the tile is beautiful. I also love that color blue on your island.

• happyleg
    last year

That looks so nice

pink_peony thanked happyleg
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

@Beth H. : im considering painting my office that color or soemthing similar . i just painted my front door. i love the Van Deusen in my office but its very dark

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    last year
    last modified: last year

pretty! what's the siding? and the name of the blue door?

I like your office. bring in more light if you have to!

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

Ive maxed out on light . windows are east facing. have a large chandleier and two other lights and can lighting. it is just too dark for me. not saying its not beauiful but after four years of feeling like ots dark i think its time to act on it. door is SW sleepy Hollow. siding i need to look up. cant remember. maybe Network Gray?

• pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

@Beth H. : I was wrong. the siding color is SW Moonrail Silver SW 7663

• swrite
    last year

New backsplash is so much better than that gray subway— looks great! Did you change your island color or is it the pic lighting?

pink_peony thanked swrite
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

@swrite The island color hasn't changed. i truly believe the gray subway was casting a gray shadow /cloud on the island. im telling ya the flooring and island look brighter. much happier overall!

• Nidnay
    last year

Looks FANTASTIC!!

pink_peony thanked Nidnay
  • Susanne Woolley
    last year

What a beautiful kitchen, well done! The backsplash tile is simple yet stinking, very very interesting! Would you mind sharing the details? I love it!

pink_peony thanked Susanne Woolley
  • pink_peony
    Original Author
    last year

It was a special order through Lowes. designed to be vertical i just flipped it horizontally for install. It is marble.

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    last year

Beautiful

pink_peony thanked Designer Drains
  • Susanne Woolley
    last year

Love it, thank you. And I meant striking, not stinking. :-)