Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdmaher

Help for this blah blah bathroom...

jdmaher
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
This will be the shared bathroom for my 3 kids - simple black and white. Any ideas on how to spruce it up? Needs to be gender neutral. No major overhauls. Needs to be kept cheap and cheerful... Looking for ideas for paint, interesting pops of color? Should the walls stay white? Somehow this little space is killing me... Or, just leave as is?

Comments (21)

• PRO
    jdmaher thanked Warner Decor
  • salgaljacobs
    9 years ago
    I'd paint the walls and get a gray and white shower curtain. The room is so white
    jdmaher thanked salgaljacobs
  • Lori L
    9 years ago
    Paint the walls the same turquoise as seen in the picture on the wall. To make it fun and colourful add accessories in the same colours pulled from that same picture.
    jdmaher thanked Lori L
  • PRO
    Rachel Gubser
    9 years ago
    I love bright white in the bathroom but this is a bit much. I would paint the walls. I know of a wonderful pale blue green grey- modern, fresh and gender neutral. Don't recall the name but I can look it up if interested. needs interesting shower curtain (check out urban outfitters. Fun options for kids bathroom).
    jdmaher thanked Rachel Gubser
  • jdmaher
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @RachelGubser: Do you know the name of the colour?
  • Maureen
    9 years ago
    It might be fun to do decorate with red accents. A long red and white stripped runner in front of sink, large poster (maybe a circus theme) with a red frame over the toilet and a series of prints along the long wall in black frames. Bold patterned towels. Some red baskets for the counter for their items.
    A COUNTRY HOME · More Info

A COUNTRY HOME · More Info
  • Keitha
    9 years ago
    The bath is very nice. Possibly install floating shelves over the toilet and install a more interesting shower curtain. How about purchasing metal letters spelling out each child's name
  • Keitha
    9 years ago
    Something like these?
    OTHER THINGS · More Info
  • PRO
    Rebecca Mitchell Interiors
    9 years ago
    I like it as is. But if it's too white for you, painting the walls yellow would look amazing with the white and grey vanity. You could leave the bulkheads (areas above bath) white for architectural interest and height. Just those small pops of yellow walls could make a big impact. Don't add any other colours though - keep white or grey towels. I'm posting photos of a condo that I did in this palette only to show how colours look together. Hope this helps. Good luck from Montreal.
    jdmaher thanked Rebecca Mitchell Interiors
  • Linda Duke
    9 years ago
    Patricia Colwell and Maureen have great ideas!! Love the black, white red idea. And I love the pictures/wall hangings someone posted. You have some great ideas here. I just creep on these posts looking for ideas for me. Lol. I am not creative/confident enough to be offering advice.
  • Linda Duke
    9 years ago
    Warner Decor had the great pictures.
  • Nancy
    9 years ago
    I would leave the walls white and just add lots of bright colours in towels, shower curtain, wall art, etc. Easily changed then as the kids get older and their taste (and yours) changes.
  • PRO
    Rachel Gubser
    9 years ago
    Hello, the color I was referring to is 'Quiet Moments' by Benjanmin Moore. It's lovely. I suggest something like these from Urban Outfitters: Bianca Green For DENY LA Told Us So Shower Curtain or Shannon Clark For DENY Dizzying Heights Shower Curtain. Add a piece of art with a wood frame and a basket or 2 to bring in some natural elements. Good luck and let me know how it goes if you do any of these.
    jdmaher thanked Rachel Gubser
  • User
    9 years ago
    This bathroom is very nice however it can use a pop of color. Start by changing the shower curtain and rugs.
  • PRO
    O'Carroll Custom Cabinetry
    9 years ago
    Paint the walls a taupe or soft grey. Maybe go from knobs to pulls on cabinetry doors to add architectural detail. All in all it looks good already.
  • jdmaher
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @RachelGubser - thanks for the wonderful tips. The color you suggested is beautiful!
  • Tara Corcimiglia
    9 years ago
    Sherwin Williams Downing Slate
    Or a lime if you are a green.
    People are either a green or a blue
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    9 years ago
    ;-) Or they're aquamarine, like me ... a little green and a little blue
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    9 years ago
    Everyone has made fantastic suggestions -- the cheapest remake is colored accessories -- towels, shower curtains, area rugs, soap dishes, etc.. Next is a gallon of semi-gloss paint. The great thing about the neutral white background is that you can change things out easily (and relatively inexpensively) as the kids grow up. I liked the suggestion of wall art -- one of the things you might like are Blik surface graphics -- they define their products as "Wall graphics for the commitment-phobic" and they're not kidding, they are easy to install and easy to remove. You can check them out at www.whatisblik.com -- they have all sorts of fun things for kids.
  • Lynne Mysliwiec
    9 years ago
    Here is an example of a blik graphic at my house :-)